kick other users off modem line??

N

npfanz

I am home for the summer and sick of my family members leaving their computers connected on our 56k line, so then I have to go around and figure out which one is connected. There must be a program that will use my modem to clear the line and disconnect any modem thats connected, does anyone know how to do this??
THanks!

Nope, there would be no benefit to that. The cost of a wireless network to share a lightning fast 56k line?? :)

I just hate having to go find out who forgot to disconnect the latest time....

If you try to connect your pc a few times usually the line noise is enough to get the other pc booted. Some modems are better at this than others, I used to have an old ambienth modem that would kick a robotics modem 1st time, were as the ambienth modem would keep its connection for longer. Some mobile phones seem to be really good at losing the connection. When a freind of mine wants to get through she only has to call twice before I get booted......Dont you just love 56k dialups :rolleyes:

Haha, I guess I can just try to hammer them :)

And yes I absolutely loathe 56k. I want my cable back (which won't happen until fall semester starts...)

just pick up the nearest phone and start punching buttons that always worked for me when my lil sis was online but that was back in the day try that it should work

Thanks, but we have one line for the internet and one for phones. So the 56k line doesn't have any phones connected to it. I could connect one, but getting to this jack behind my desk would be as much work as just finding the guilty computer :D Thanks for the idea though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back