"kick ass" the movie

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
anyone see this flick?

I thought it was great and man I HATE nicolous cage

it's another comic book to real life movie, done over the top with some real caricatures, loved everyone in it (even cage who's unusual forced method of showing emotion is written into the story so it works

anyway, rent or buy the blue ray, pop some corn and sit down and be pleasantly amused

I'm not sure I would like it. The previews didn't look that great.

I enjoyed it a lot. I watched it back when it was in the theaters and forgot about the Blu Ray release. I think I'll watch it again.

I enjoyed it a lot. I watched it back when it was in the theaters and forgot about the Blu Ray release. I think I'll watch it again.
one of the few movies I can watch the next day and enjoy again, I can't believe how nicely Chloe Grace Moret hit her marks, both acting and fight scenes

this 12 year old's expressions, attitude and over all acting is sublime and it would seem seasoned even though she's a new comer

when you watch her fight scenes you're gonna be amazed with how much better she shows then other females or children in fight scenes, they aren't girlish punches or kicks, the movement is athletic and it's hard to believe the director accomplished this kind of polish with editing, she out performs Uma Thurman's fight scenes in kill bill, uma never really looked like any of her punches had weight transfer or would hurt, this 12 year old looks like she could kick uma's ass in a real fight

I really enjoyed this movie

Seen it, think its a great movie - Nick Cage has finally done something to redeem himself after that horrible wicker man remake. Think that Chole Grace Moret was great as well, seems like a go-getter and will probably be in more action movies in the future.

Seen it, think its a great movie - Nick Cage has finally done something to redeem himself after that horrible wicker man remake. Think that Chole Grace Moret was great as well, seems like a go-getter and will probably be in more action movies in the future.
she's already got a great part playing an aged vampire trapped in a child's body...I think that is perfect casting and look forward to the flick, I do believe it's released in october

anyone see this flick?

I thought it was great and man I HATE nicolous cage

it's another comic book to real life movie, done over the top with some real caricatures, loved everyone in it (even cage who's unusual forced method of showing emotion is written into the story so it works

anyway, rent or buy the blue ray, pop some corn and sit down and be pleasantly amused

This movie is one of the best of the year. Many people stayed away because they thought it was a kids movie. It is not.

Also, don't worry, "nicolous cage" is not in the movie :devious:

I'm not sure I would like it. The previews didn't look that great.

You never heard the saying "don't judge a book by it's cover" ?

I guess we live in the day and age where a pile of steaming crap like Twilight can make a billion dollars but a class (classier?) movie like Kick-Ass makes a fraction :)

I guess Idiocracy (look it up) really was right. We are, as a species, getting dumber.

You never heard the saying "don't judge a book by it's cover" ?

I guess we live in the day and age where a pile of steaming crap like Twilight can make a billion dollars but a class (classier?) movie like Kick-Ass makes a fraction :)

I guess Idiocracy (look it up) really was right. We are, as a species, getting dumber.

I won't watch twilight. I am more of a classic movie type person. Therefor, a lot of the newer ones just don't excite me.

Also, people are getting dumber because of the way teachers are. Too many are teaching the students just enough to slide by, and not enough to be good stewards in society. I guess you can say that when people start to care, and don't teach according to their agenda, people will learn more and become more smart.

I won't watch twilight. I am more of a classic movie type person. Therefor, a lot of the newer ones just don't excite me.

Classic movies huh... Sounds like you're gonna go see "The Expendables". :D

That's about as "Classic" as an action movie can be. Not saying it's gonna be good or bad, just classic. ;)

Classic movies huh... Sounds like you're gonna go see "The Expendables". :D

That's about as "Classic" as an action movie can be. Not saying it's gonna be good or bad, just classic. ;)

The actors in it are classic. I'm not sure if I am going to watch it or not though. It kinda gives me the impression of desperation in the part of the studios. I will have to wait and see ..

I saw Stallone on tv tonight talking about Expendable. He wrote, starred in and directed it. I think I want to watch it now :)

Yea... i kinda think The Expendables is gonna rock. haven't seen it yet, sadly.... but come on.... Jet Li, Jason Statham, Stalone, Mickey Rourke, and i forget who else..... how can you NOT watch it? Although, maybe if you're like a friend of mine.... who said Forbidden Kingdom wasn't that great because it wasn't a typical Jet Li OR Jackie Chan movie.... but i look at it as if it were neither.... it was BOTH. Probably the only time we'll ever see Li and Chan in the same movie anytime soon. Funny too, cause i thought Jet was done with heavy action movies and such. Think he said back when Hero came out that it was his last epic movie. I mean.. he looks like he's in his mid 20's... but he's getting pretty freakin old. No offense to the guy though.... he can still kick you in places you didn't know you had.

I liked the Idiocracy reference, too. As for it being teachers faults.... yes and no. Yes, traditionally they just try to get the students through school without doing a whole lot.... but that doesn't mean that the students don't... or maybe CAN'T... learn anything. I hardly paid attention in high school.... mostly because of the fact that the math classes were easy as hell for me (Math being my favorite class)... and just about everything else was either common sense or just plain stupid. But I wouldn't consider myself to be one of the typical idiots you see roaming the streets thinking that things they see in movies are cool and knowing your sh*t isn't.

As for Kick-Ass..... quite good movie. Somewhat agree with my friends when they say the movie would have been better WITHOUT Kick-Ass.... but it was still a good movie. now... as for perris's comment about Chloe... yes... she does seem like she can litterally kick ass.... but she also did a whole lot of martial arts training and went through choreography to nail everything.... just like every other action movie actor does. That being said.... still do have to give her credit. One hell of a performance (and the meaning behind the "hell" could depend on the individual's standpoint on the idea of a 12-13 year old girl starring in a role where the character uses more vulgar terms than most stand-up comics).

Wouldn't exactly say she's a new-comer though. She's been in a couple movies and starred briefly in some TV shows already... but playing as Hit Girl is pretty much her first action movie role.

Really am looking forward to the movie Let Me In, though. Seems like quite a freaky movie. And even better.... NO SPARKLY VAMPIRES!!!!! On that note.... also really wanna see Vampires Suck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_RrYEnWmz0&feature=player_embedded

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back