keyboard

xsivforce

Prodigal Son
In my system information I found that ps2 and usb keyboards show up. I use a usb keyboard. Should the ps2 keyboard show up there? When looking at problem devices, the ps2 shows up saying "device is not present, is not working properly, etc." in the error code (well duh...I don't have one installed). I can't see a way to disable it.

that shows up on my friends computer too just because I think windows installs PS/2 keyboard by default it doesn't hurt anything

question though...why do you use up a USB port for a keyboard? I find USB mice and keyboards to be a bad idea just because of the problems that USB has at times and such, Thats why I was glad that my USB mouse came with a USB to PS/2 converter...besides, you can free up a USB port ya might want for the future..where as what are you gonna use a spare ps/2 port for heheh

just my 2 cents, but don't worry about the ps/2 showin up :)

I have exactly the same thing - I just disabled the PS/2 port in Windows for now. Or you could just leave it alone.

Haven't had any problems with a USB keyboard and mouse, but my KB has two USB ports on it, so I get an extra one over the one that it uses (Logitech has some good ideas...)

Originally posted by Qumahlin
question though...why do you use up a USB port for a keyboard? I find USB mice and keyboards to be a bad idea just because of the problems that USB has at times and such

Thanks Qumahlin. I have seen you post that before. It just happened that when I got this machine, it had a usb key and mouse. I have one ps2 adapter I could use for the mouse. Then again the hand-me-down machine I gave to my kids has a ps2 key and mouse. Maybe I should stick them with the usb. I actually came across the fact that both usb and ps2 were showing up while still trying to figure out why I keep freezing. I have never had a BSOD, just constant freezes. I thought maybe this could be the culprit. I'll try my kids ps2 and see if it is any help. Maybe the culprit is usb?

Originally posted by Dipsomaniac
my KB has two USB ports on it, so I get an extra one over the one that it uses (Logitech has some good ideas...)

Yeah same here. Microsloth keyboard though. :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back