Keyboard problem

Liab

OSNN Junior Addict
i have a problem with the ENTER key including the one on the numkeys..problem is that i cant use the enter key after 20 mins of using my pc...when i press enter..nothing happens...i bought a new keyboard but still the same problem...can please anyone help me? :mad: :confused:

What is your OS? Are you using a wireless keyboard? Are you using extra drivers besides the default drivers (for multimedia keys etc)?

im using windows xp,and its not a chordless keyboard, & im not using extra drivers besides the default drivers.... this problem started after i reformatted my pc..

have you tried to use another keyboard maybe your current one is shot and needs to be replaced??

yeah im using a new keyboard now..but still the same problem!:(

hey guys do you think i need to configure my bios?is there a connction with my keyboard?

no, you should try booting into safe mode, and use it like that for a while. if it keeps working for an hr. then you have a program this is loading that is remapping the enter button, sometimes that can be a virus or trojan. Or just some sort of prank

Liab said:
how do i run it in safe mode?
you have to reboot and hit F8 (probably a few times) as it restarts and it will give you a menu ... choose safe mode :)

hey guys ive already try using the safe mode..but still the same problem..what should i do?:(

Do you have a car? If so securely place your keyboard under one of your tires and move forward, hopefully your car is powerful enough to send the keyboard soaring doing extra damage.

(Note: This will not solve your problem but it will provide fun and make you feel like less of a slave to your PC)

Could it possibly be a keyboard controller on the motherboard going bad? I know I know .. longshot :)

btw, i am on windows 2k, and i just today started having the same problem, POS!

wtf i just had this problem. when i read this post i really thought this was my thread. lol holly ****. anyway i just updated stuff on my PC and restarted and i haven't had the problem for over 5 days now :)

btw I ddidn't even know what was the problem. I just tried reconnecting, downloading stuff and restarting and hoping it would work and finally one day i realized it did. Also, what keyboard do you have? If you have the same one as me (Microsoft intelliype or w/e) then maybe you should download the drivers and such

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back