Keyboard not detected

G

Gouk

1 out of every 5 times I boot up my PC, I get a error message from the P.O.S.T reporter saying "Keyboard not detected".

My PC specs are in my sig below. To remedy this, I have to press F1 to enter the BIOS and and then EXIT from the BIOS. I have checked all the settings and the funny thing is the keyboard is fine since I can get into the BIOS by pressing F1 and also use the keyboard in Windows XP.

What could the problem be? I have checked the BIOS settings and they seem fine and I also have the latest 1012 BIOS.

Also, this has only happened twice but I do not get the error message upon booting the PC up but when I get to the XP desktop, the Keyboard AND mouse do not respond.

Anyone have any idea whats going on?

Thanks.

Happened to me before, with another computer, where *most* of the time the keyboard was not detected...I had to go into the BIOS, and then exit it also, I put in another battery in the motherboard, and it worked fine, but, you have a new sys, so I don't think thats the reason...cant think of anything else.

Originally posted by Nick M
I put in another battery in the motherboard, and it worked fine.

Well if the battery was dead, wouldnt the CMOS be cleared too?

Well, first my keyboard went away, then after a little while, I had to go into the BIOS to detect my HDD everytime. Mine kinda died slowly...it may not be completely dead, but it might be dying.

The 1012 bios is ****** look at your cpu temp in bios and compare to asus probe in windows and it will be approx 20C higher reading unless u using latest probe which also reads high.

I thought my cpu was getting cooked until i flashed back to 1011 and used probe version my current version of probe.

Search my name and u will see i wrote in about it.

John, with the 1012 BIOS I am getting standard temps which for me are around 50c idle.

I had the 1009.003 beta bios installed and my idle temp was 60c and the highest I had on full load with that POS 1009 BIOS was a staggering 69c :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back