Keyboard Gaming Choices

the G series are gaming grade keyboards :)

You don't want a wireless keyboard it's a pain when the batteries die.

the G series are gaming grade keyboards :)

You don't want a wireless keyboard it's a pain when the batteries die.

Oh I know, I was just thinking maybe the Gaming Grade ones would be better.

wireless MICE on the other hand.... ROCK!

And.... i never really need to look at my keyboard to type. All i need to do is find the home keys. And with any keyboard... it's not too hard to get used to where you generally position your hands. So all i do is look for that little nub on the f and j keys, and i'm good to go. Maybe that's why i don't see there being a point behind backlighting for "night typing".... *shrug*

I'd thought about the Logitech G15..... but i don't think i can go back to a standard layout keyboard after using the Ergo 4000. If i go to my brother's house or my grandmother's house to do something with their computer, i can't WAIT to get back to my keyboard. can't stand using a standard layout anymore.

Maybe i should suggest that to Logitech. Make a nice keyboard like the G15, but also have an ergonomic alternative with all the same features, but none of the annoying-ness of the not-so-posture-correct keying.

The reason a backlit keyboard is useful is when you are in a dim environment. I can touch-type so I don't need to see the keys. I do not, however, have every single macro key perfectly memorized for every single game that I play. Due to shifting the keyboard to my left backlit keys are useful when I reach down and hit the wrong key or I'm just unsure. I quickly glance down, re-orient my hands, and I'm set.

I think it would be a great idea if Logitech sold an ergonomic keyboard along Microsoft's design but also include backlit keys, an LCD, and the general G series functionality. It would be an extremely nice board.

I do miss the use of the ergonomic keyboard a lot and I went through the similar experience of going to use someone else's computer and simply being pained at typing on a normal keyboard. The MS ergonomic keyboards have the key spacing so much more open than a standard keyboard so using a regular board can seem cramped.

It can take some time but re-adjusting to a regular keyboard can be done fairly quickly. The downside is that if you actually used an ergonomic keyboard to alleviate problems such as carpal tunnel syndrome, thoracic outlet syndrome, or tendinitis then you are going to likely re-aggravate the medical condition if you do a lot of typing. You have to make a decision to stay with an ergonomic keyboard with less functionality or go with a board with more functionality that is easier on the hands, wrists, etc. In my case I have relearned how to position using a normal keyboard so that my problem (thoracic outlet syndrome) isn't as aggravated as it could be and I make full use of the wrist rest and hold my hands in as relaxed a manner as possible both when actively typing and not. The less movement and force needed to press the keys the better.

Last edited:
I generally get CPS from the mouse or just randomly when drinking a pint...

I own the G15v1. Did not use it for more than a few months. The LCD is just bulk and not many games support it not to mention there is really no use for it outside gaming. I use a regular no-name keyboard now. If I was to buy a gaming keyboard, I'd pick up a Das Keyboard ... www.daskeyboard.com.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back