Kevin Rose builds a "PC Mini"

Did anyone follow a couple of the links on his site ?? Looks like there is a "Scam" to get a free mac mini now lol .. I can't believe how stupid some people are to fall for that stuff ..

They're not scams, the company "gratis" is quite legitimate and does actually send out what they say they will, the only problem being that Person1 needs to refer X amount of people, therefore even if everyone on earth participated, we'll run out of people somewhere down the line, and some people will not get their goods. It's not a scam, it's just that pyramid schemes are a ûûûûe system :p

</offtopic>

SPeedY_B said:
They're not scams, the company "gratis" is quite legitimate and does actually send out what they say they will, the only problem being that Person1 needs to refer X amount of people, therefore even if everyone on earth participated, we'll run out of people somewhere down the line, and some people will not get their goods. It's not a scam, it's just that pyramid schemes are a ûûûûe system :p

</offtopic>

Yeah that is true lol ... I might try that out then. I'll have to think about it for a while though ...

No SuperDrive? Whats that?

Yes, being a mac zealot ill say "What the ûûûû, you destroyed it, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

Neat little project, feel bad for that Mac mini being abused.

Xie said:
I believe he just didn't have room. It's questionable if the system would even run (or if it did for how long). If anything it shows the effort Apple put into designing the mini.
Why would it not run? It just doesn't have an internal optical drive.
As noted by a few of us earlier in the thread, people have built many, many different types of Mini-ITX systems in the past, some of which have been built into cases that are as small or smaller than the Mac Mini and they all worked fine.

NetRyder said:
Why would it not run? It just doesn't have an internal optical drive.
As noted by a few of us earlier in the thread, people have built many, many different types of Mini-ITX systems in the past, some of which have been built into cases that are as small or smaller than the Mac Mini and they all worked fine.
Going from memory hear but I believe the HD was placed ontop of the heatsink that was cut to make room. :p So it may or may not have some serious heat issues/HD issues.

Maveric169 said:
It is a neat project, one of these days after I get a job I plan on buildinga mini pc to install in my car.
This is different then what your talking about but I think either the day of or the day after the Mac mini was announced a local(ish) company announced plans to start installing mini's in cars. :)

*edit* - quick google search found it .. here

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back