kerio 4 personal firewall

alps

OSNN Junior Addict
help with kerio 4 personal firewall

Hi, I have been using the above firewall about a week now, and have just
noticed that after 30 days some of its abilities are reduced, does anyone
know if after that the firewall is still ok, i'ts meant to be freeware.
Many thanks.

Two versions of Kerio Personal Firewall are available: full (paid) and freeware (free of charge).

The same installation package is used for both version. After installation the product behaves as a 30-days trial version (full version limited by time). If the product is not registered by the expiration date, it becomes freeware. The product becomes a full version after license purchase and product registration (for detailed information refer to chapter “Registration”.

Freeware versions are limited by the following restrictions:

It is available for personal and/or noncommercial use only.

Web content filtering, including its logs and statistics, is not available (see chapter Chapter ).

It cannot be used at Internet Gateways (refer to chapter “Preferences”

Logs cannot be sent to Syslog server (details in chapter“Log Options”.

Configuration cannot be protected by a password and it is not possible to access and administer the firewall remotely.

It cannot be used on server type operating systems, such as Windows NT Server, Windows 2000 Server and Windows Server 2003. If the trial version was installed on any of these systems, the Personal Firewall Engine service will be disabled by the expiration date and it will not be able to restore it.

Kerio Personal Firewall

Enyo said:
Two versions of Kerio Personal Firewall are available: full (paid) and freeware (free of charge).

The same installation package is used for both version. After installation the product behaves as a 30-days trial version (full version limited by time). If the product is not registered by the expiration date, it becomes freeware. The product becomes a full version after license purchase and product registration (for detailed information refer to chapter “Registration”.

Freeware versions are limited by the following restrictions:

It is available for personal and/or noncommercial use only.

Web content filtering, including its logs and statistics, is not available (see chapter Chapter ).

It cannot be used at Internet Gateways (refer to chapter “Preferences”

Logs cannot be sent to Syslog server (details in chapter“Log Options”.

Configuration cannot be protected by a password and it is not possible to access and administer the firewall remotely.

It cannot be used on server type operating systems, such as Windows NT Server, Windows 2000 Server and Windows Server 2003. If the trial version was installed on any of these systems, the Personal Firewall Engine service will be disabled by the expiration date and it will not be able to restore it.

Thank you Enyo for your detailed reply, after that does the freeware firewall
still remain as as good or viable firewall.

Thank you Enyo for your detailed reply, after that does the freeware firewall
still remain as as good or viable firewall.

Yes, even after the 30 day trial period, Kerio 4 is very effective as a firewall.
It's true that you lose some features such as web filtering etc, but browsers like Firebird or third-party ad/popup blockers for IE can do the same thing.

just got a message from kpf, that there was a new version 4.0.11 rc1.

Thats correct.

Version 4.0.11 RC1 (26 Jan 2004)

+ added Dutch translation (unfinished yet)
+ automatically uses the most suitable help file depending on the selected language
+ KPF is now able to analyze kernel dumps and determine, whether crash was caused by KPF
+ when AVG 7 is detected during first KPF start, apropriate application rules are created automaticaly (support for AVG bundle)

- changed update server's and registration server's address resolving so it won't trigger automatic dial on Windows 98 ('Generate crash dump' checkbox must be disabled)
- changed new adapter handling - adapter is detected again, when user deletes it from trusted zones table
- fixed proxy server detection on NT/2K/XP
- fixed several minor bugs (packet filter editor, DNS resolution, KPF closing)

Kerio Personal Firewall 4.0.11 RC2

New version of Kerio Personal Firewall has been released. You can download it at www.kerio.com/dwn/kpf/kerio-pf-4.0.11-en-r2-win.exe or check for updates from currently installed KPF4 (check for beta must be enabled).

Please discuss it on kpf-beta(at)forum.kerio.com.

Version 4.0.11 RC2 (30 Jan 2004)

+ finished Dutch translation
+ KPF now attaches its registry settings to crashdump

- fixed minor popupkiller bugs and improved its functionality (catches showModelessDialog and showModalDialog functions)

Just installed RC2 yesterday myself, no big changes but im sure its been released for a reason.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back