Kerio 4.2.0 Beta 3 stable?

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
Just a quick question - has anyone been using the Kerio 4.2.0 betas?
I'm downloading Beta 3 right now, but I just wanted to make sure there are no serious issues before I install it.

Cheers. :)

what's the beta got that the official doesn't that makes you want to try it?

a firewall is implemented in IRQL 2 code, (above all thread priorities), not something you should really beta I don't think.

Haven't looked into it, but I haven't used Kerio for a while (have been using Windows Firewall) so I just thought I'd get the latest available build.

Are you using the latest release version?

4.1.2, I love it.

but what I love is the sandbox, which most people find annoying...I don't think you even need an antivirus if you're running a competant sandbox, and this is the most competant I've ever seen

Just downloaded 4.1.2 now. I agree with you - I like the sandboxing in Kerio as well.
Time to get this installed. Thanks perris. :)

whatever happens on the computer needs your permission or rule.

for instance, if you launch mailwasher, the sandbox will tell you explorer is trying to launch it...you then create a permanent rule to allow.

then the sandbox will tell you mailwasher is trying to access the internet, and then the internet to access mailwasher.

then the sandbox is going to tell you mailwasher is trying to launch your mail client.

nothing should happen on your computer till you individually allow it, or you create a permanent rule to allow it.

this becomes anoying at times, especially installing programs, but you can always dissable the firewall when you know a bunch of things are about to happen that would need permision.

for instance, windows updates are a real pain in the butt going through a sandbox.

but man, do you feel secure

Cool, thanks for the explanation. I just installed it, will give it a whirl for a while.

Hmm, I don't really see an easy way to manually add applications to the Application list, kind of annoying if I have to play a game and connect to a server then wait for Kerio to popup in order for me to create a rule...
Or I'm blind (I'm really tired though eheh)

launch the app, then go into the interface and hit allways allow in all instances

you can also temporarily disable system security (but not internet security) if you need to, which will still give you the same security as a normal firewall

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back