Kerio 2.1.5 Standby problem

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
I recently switched from Sygate PF to Kerio 2.1.5 because I found that Kerio took up a lot less resources and was perfect for my purpose (I'm behind a NAT router, so this is just to monitor outbound connections)

However, I recently realized that Kerio is messing up standby/hibernate on XP. Whenever I try to get into standby/hibernate, it just stays on the screen that says: "Preparing to Standby." I checked the Broadband Reports forums for this problem, and found that other people were having the same problem with 2.1.5. The problem doesn't seem to exist with 2.1.3 however.

Does anyone know of a fix for this? If not, are there any download links available for 2.1.3?

Thanks in advance :)

Yea its a known bug with 2.1.5, it does not like standby, hibernate or fast user switching much ;)

However i suggest instead of going down to 2.1.3 you go up to 4 Beta 7.

You may need to ask the Kerio die hards in the Kerio forum or Yahoo group for 2.1.3 i cant find a active link.

I would have gone back to 4 Beta (I had it installed before 2.1.5 ;)), but it has so many options that I don't need (eg: web filtering etc.)
Are there any known problems with 2.1.3 because of which you don't recommend using it? As I said, I'm already behind a router, so I don't need any advanced features. Just need to be able to give permission to any apps trying to access the internet.

I did find an active download link to 2.1.3 at http://www.theguardianangel.com/Special_Downloads.htm

What do you suggest I do?

I would try the Beta for now.

As I'm saying right now in IRC i dont even think 2.1.3 will work on WinXP!

Yeah, looks like you're right. NT4.0 compatibility was added in 2.1.4 :D

Switched to KPF 4 Beta 7 ... problem solved. Thanks Enyo!! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back