Keeping connection alive...

Tittles

Dabba Dooba
Political Access
Hey! I have Netzero v7 and i cant find a program to keep netzero fromdisconnection after 2 hours of being idle. It beats the point of mehaving a 2nd line if i cant stay on it when i go out for the day andget my downloads done. Every program that was made to keep programslike aol,netzero and all that are out dated and wont work. So isprogram that will simulate mouse movements and any other way to keep mefrom being idle while i am gone?
Thanks

nobody?...it really pisses me off since i cant download anything while i am at school. Like 64bit drivers and just other things.

there are several via google or if you have norton there is an option avalible.

i searched good like hell but all i got were programs that were outdated. I will search again...

I would use norton system works but i dont have it :p. I will try that program u said u use to use. :)...will get back tomorrow sometime to see if it will work since i wont know unlesds i am idle for 2 hours :p

There are programs you can find at download.com for that ..

Blue: That wont work cause something needs to click the resume button or simulate mouse movements with netzero.

Johnny: I will try again with the search but i tried for awhile and only came up with stuff thats 2-3 years old.

Dialups usually get d/c after 2 hours even if idle.

You should check with your i.s.p. I am sure that maybe stilll the case, always happened with every dialup i.s.p. I used before broadband.

Other option if this is the case is to set your dialup setting to detect you have been booted off after 2 hours to redial and I guess you still use a d/l manager so should be o.k.

Attachments

• du.gif
    du.gif
    31 KB · Views: 61
There was a program I used when I had dial up, I can't remember the name of it. But, it would run a ping in any interval you wanted to keep your connection alive. The thing about those things is that some isp's are on them, and are finding ways around them ...

TittleBitties said:
I will try again with the search but i tried for awhile and only came up with stuff thats 2-3 years old.

thats because dial up is 2-3 years old :p get broadband :rolleyes:

i will try the acplug but i dont think it will work cause it says it hasnt been working with netzero. I am thinking that the programs that make activity thru your lines wont work cause none of the other programs that do that have worked. I am thinking that there needs to be a program thats updated that simulates mouse movements like stayalive or w/e its called.

Lee...if the program above doesnt work i will do it your way.

Thanks to you both...will get back to you about it either later today or tomorrow morning.

i ment it's 2-3 years out of date, especially as in the uk you can get BB for the same price as dial up, and whe are miles behind in internet tech :D :p

lol...some of us cant afford that over here. I would have dsl but it isnt in my area so i gotta wait :( but by then i will have a job and will just get cable.

Lancer: I know that but they dont have dsl in my area which is kinda odd. The people out in the boonies like where my dad lives can get dsl but i cant.
Mastershakes: That program hasnt been updated in ages and doesnt work with my netzero.

I tried the redial if line gets dropped thing in the properties of my modem but that didnt work either. From the looks of it i might just have to live with it.

TittleBitties said:
Lancer: I know that but they dont have dsl in my area which is kinda odd. The people out in the boonies like where my dad lives can get dsl but i cant.
Mastershakes: That program hasnt been updated in ages and doesnt work with my netzero.

I tried the redial if line gets dropped thing in the properties of my modem but that didnt work either. From the looks of it i might just have to live with it.

Show me the settings, in a pic like I did with you.

here u go...

Attachments

• settings.JPG
    settings.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 67

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back