Keep your juice away from your laptop (help :/)

Yes, Very carefully.

Don't get it on anything like a fan or the drives, it could get inside.

The alcohol dries slower than freon degreaser does so dab the excess off with a cotton cloth (old tshirt). Do not rub the cloth along the board. It will leave tell-tale fibers that might make the service guy suspicious. And Keep away from the labels/sticker. If they used cheap ink it might run.

Then let the excess air dry.

PS This is fun we're all accessories to a conspiracy. ;)

PPS Not really. Laptops should be moisture resistant. Design defect.

Last edited:
Cool, going to go get some alcohol in a few and I'll report back on how it goes.

Grandmaster said:
Cool, going to go get some alcohol in a few and I'll report back on how it goes.

First I thought you ment Alcohol as into drinking.

Hope you can get your baby running up to par :)

Tittles said:
First I thought you ment Alcohol as into drinking.

Hope you can get your baby running up to par :)

I'm not surprised :lick:

Grandmaster said:
I'm not surprised :lick:

Well it sure sounded like it. With you saying that you were gonna tell us how it went :laugh:

Here's the deal.

The tech came in and replaced the LCD. As I thought, it didn't fix the problem of being able to boot up with the battery inserted.

He called up some other dude, they ran a diagnostic, and the motherboard is going to be replaced.

I guess it's the next best thing to getting a new machine.

So I get a new LCD screen, a new front cover for the LCD as he broke the current one while replacing the LCD, a new motherboard, and the XP Professional SP2 CD that I never had.

All in all good deal and I've been thoroughly impressed by Dell Customer Service :D

looks like all is good in grandmaster land

I reduce your self proclaimed reputation by 9 million for being deceptive to your tech rep though

Some reputation points for the deceptiveness should be a real treat, you get practically a new computer :p

So did I when I got my iBook fixed, new motherboard, found out later, new airport card, Apple ram instead of the cheap stuff I stuck in, new cd rom/burner drive, new fan :D. well, to be fair, if one removes the motherboard/logic board, the CD drive comes with it :p

Wonder what he'll replace next when the MB change doesn't work?

PS Make sure you get all the OJ out of the CPU socketbefore he comes back.

Aaaaand everything is back to normal. :D

*goes back to panicking about final exam tommorow*

Glad to hear she is alive and kickin'

Did the Dell Tech try to hit on any chics in your dorm :p

kcnychief said:
Glad to hear she is alive and kickin'

Did the Dell Tech try to hit on any chics in your dorm :p

Unfortunately, I don't live in a dorm. I commute. And the dude was pushing 60, so I hope he wouldn't :lick:

Okay, I seriously have to go study now...

Grandmaster said:
Unfortunately, I don't live in a dorm. I commute. And the dude was pushing 60, so I hope he wouldn't :lick:

Okay, I seriously have to go study now...

60 year old tech support? How many 60 year olds know about computers? :laugh:

Tittles said:
60 year old tech support? How many 60 year olds know about computers? :laugh:

Apparently ones who work for Dell :p

And besides, when I'm 60, I'll still be just fine ;)

kcnychief said:
Apparently ones who work for Dell :p

And besides, when I'm 60, I'll still be just fine ;)

Yeah but thats being 60 years old growing up in this era. He is 60 and grew up in the 50ish era :laugh:

Grandmaster said:
Aaaaand everything is back to normal. :D

*goes back to panicking about final exam tommorow*
and now that i have finished my final exams, i can torment you :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back