kb/interface error

sboulema

OSNN Veteran Addict
Ok i was trying to fix a pc for someone. the problem was that it gave a kb/interface error when booting and then it would seem to hang but after a while windows 98 would appear and display a message that it couldnt find a ps/2 compatible mouse. and it stopped there.
quick recap, the pc wasnt detecting the keybaord and the mouse, so it was uanble to do anything with it.
How the heck can this and how can you solve it, when you cant do anything with it :S

btw ofcourse i checked all the cables, tried different keyboards and mice...

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
serial / usb mouse/kb. failing that, take the hdd out and put it in your pc to see if its a screwed driver m8. at least you will be able to tell if the mobo's the problem that way. need a 2nd pc for this by the looks of it though.

sboulema

OSNN Veteran Addict
both were serial, keyboard and mouse.
Also said, its either the mobo that has a problem or a software type of thing. Unfortanetly there wasnt a second pc near, so i couldnt fix it :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut