Kazaa lite

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
I've been using this for a while now. It seems that in last week or so, I've been getting pop-ups with it

WTF???

The way I understand it Kazza Lite has the spyware removed that tracks what you are doing and downloading but does nothing to stop the pop up adds that have always been there. I have noticed more of them latly too.

Yep, i got popup to... i think i know why. I removed the kazaa lite rules from my firewall and saw that it contacts the Kazaa (not kazaa lite) update site so it probably recovered the ads popup stuff.... i'll try reinstalling it and blocking the kazaa update site... hope this will work

You might need a popup stopper and/or do the hosts trick which is to block 4 sites.

To do the hosts trick:
open C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts in notepad and add the following lines: (DO NOT CLICK THE LINKS)

127.0.0.1 www.brilliantdigital.com
127.0.0.1 desktop.kazaa.com
127.0.0.1 shop.kazaa.com
127.0.0.1 www.bonzi.com

save that and your done!

(notes: If the file isn't there you might have to create it or rename a file called hosts.sam (sample) You might also have to enable hosts lists in your networking settings (although it is ON by default))

OR just block the following 4 sites in your favourite firewall program. (you can ping them to get the IP's) AGAIN - DO NOT CLICK THE LINKS!!!

www.brilliantdigital.com
desktop.kazaa.com
shop.kazaa.com
www.bonzi.com

attached is a (quite long) host list I prepared earlier by merging several others and deleting duplicates.

EDIT: Tried to stop URLs being buttons (you do NOT want to go to these evil, evil sites. In fact, you have to start over with kazaa lite - If you go to one of these sites just ONCE it installs spyware :eek: AGAIN - DO NOT CLICK THE LINKS!!!

Download the program 'Adaware'

It removes spyware from your 'puter. I had 246 spyware programs, and after deleting those (adaware gives you their names and asks you to confirm if you want to delete them), the number of pop-ups decreased dramaticly.

Another option is 'popup killer', a program that records every popup u get, and u can put it on a 'black list', which make the killer to close them before they pop up.

yeah. You normally still need a popup blocker as blocking the hosts will normally just open a blank page.

The hosts trick is normally for stopping banners.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back