• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Kazaa lite

D

dadx2mj

The way I understand it Kazza Lite has the spyware removed that tracks what you are doing and downloading but does nothing to stop the pop up adds that have always been there. I have noticed more of them latly too.

Swi

gningnegneur
Yep, i got popup to... i think i know why. I removed the kazaa lite rules from my firewall and saw that it contacts the Kazaa (not kazaa lite) update site so it probably recovered the ads popup stuff.... i'll try reinstalling it and blocking the kazaa update site... hope this will work

I

insaNity

You might need a popup stopper and/or do the hosts trick which is to block 4 sites.

To do the hosts trick:
open C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts in notepad and add the following lines: (DO NOT CLICK THE LINKS)

127.0.0.1 www.brilliantdigital.com
127.0.0.1 desktop.kazaa.com
127.0.0.1 shop.kazaa.com
127.0.0.1 www.bonzi.com

save that and your done!

(notes: If the file isn't there you might have to create it or rename a file called hosts.sam (sample) You might also have to enable hosts lists in your networking settings (although it is ON by default))

OR just block the following 4 sites in your favourite firewall program. (you can ping them to get the IP's) AGAIN - DO NOT CLICK THE LINKS!!!

www.brilliantdigital.com
desktop.kazaa.com
shop.kazaa.com
www.bonzi.com

attached is a (quite long) host list I prepared earlier by merging several others and deleting duplicates.

EDIT: Tried to stop URLs being buttons (you do NOT want to go to these evil, evil sites. In fact, you have to start over with kazaa lite - If you go to one of these sites just ONCE it installs spyware :eek: AGAIN - DO NOT CLICK THE LINKS!!!

N

Noldus

Download the program 'Adaware'

It removes spyware from your 'puter. I had 246 spyware programs, and after deleting those (adaware gives you their names and asks you to confirm if you want to delete them), the number of pop-ups decreased dramaticly.

Another option is 'popup killer', a program that records every popup u get, and u can put it on a 'black list', which make the killer to close them before they pop up.

I

insaNity

yeah. You normally still need a popup blocker as blocking the hosts will normally just open a blank page.

The hosts trick is normally for stopping banners.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix