Kazaa Lite K++ edition

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Anyone know where i may be able to find earlier versions of the K++ version of Kazaa Lite? Right now i have the newer version installed (I beileve it's 2.1.0 or something) and i think that version is givin me some really stoopid problems.

hmm... on first note... Welcome to NTFS.org, Tubby.

on further note, i've already been there. Only older version of the K++ part is in french. ............ i dun speak french as far as i know:confused:

kazaa_lite_202_english_kpp_v203_edition_rc1.exe <-- this is the version i have
i'm more than happy to emial it to you if ud like

works fine for me

TKC, i've checked there already. they stay up to date on the downloads and don't offer older versions from what i've seen.

PHiSHnz, that would probably be a good version. one problem though. it's probably larger than 2 MB, which i don't have a much bigger e-mail account. If you have any Instant messengers, you could contact me with them and possibly send it that way. i'll send you a PM with my screen names for each one that i have.

Just out of curiousity...Wat problems r u having with Ver 2.1.0???????

I've got it on my comp and I don't have any troubles at all...Might be able to help instead of you d/loading a older ver????

Alloy25

well, for one, half the time my downloads are a lot slower than normal. about 15k or less. also, about 80% of the time when i download a large file, it will download for a while, then say "Searching" forever. i even try searching for the file myself and it shows up.

it hasn't happened to me at all until a few weeks ago. now i can hardly download any japanese anime or anything unless i get a bit lucky.

Originally posted by ElementalDragon
well, for one, half the time my downloads are a lot slower than normal. about 15k or less. also, about 80% of the time when i download a large file, it will download for a while, then say "Searching" forever. i even try searching for the file myself and it shows up.

That's just Kazaa....

At any given time there are millions of people on Kazaa and affiliated P2P networks and all of them are uploading, downloading or both. The problem is, not even half of them share, or if they do, they're sharing crap that nobody wants (because they don't really want to share in the first place).

As a result of this, using 3 million as the magic number, you've got about 2.25 million people trying to download files from about 1 million who are sharing, of which about 750,000 actually have worthwhile files. And of those 750,000 maybe if you're really lucky a couple hundred people have what you want. Of those couple hundred, probably 15-20 have matching files for multi-point downloading. Of those, maybe if you're lucky, 10 have a decent connection (ie: 15k or better) and of those 15-20 probably 5 or less have 30k or better upload -- and guess what, they're busy sending 5 other uploads!

Now, lets take into account all the viruses that are rampant on P2P networks. Also take into consideration that newer versions of Kazaa scan the .DAT files for virii as they are coming in which slows everything down just a hair. And also take in account that if you are downloading Japanese anime, odds are the majority of the people you are downloading from originate from Japan. Not all, but probably a good many. This slows everything down another hair. And then let's take into consideration that you are potentially downloading from idiots that have no business using a computer in the first place (but do b/c someone told them about Kazaa) and their connection is misconfigured or whatnot. And last but not least, don't forget, those you download from can limit outgoing bandwidth.

Still think it is a problem with your version of Kazaa?

ok, you made some good points, but not entirely. That still does not really explain the reason that it will say searching for as long as i have it in the downloads bin, but i can still search for the file and it has a couple other users with it as well.

I don't remember EVER having these problems with the older versions of Kazaa Lite K++

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back