Kazaa Lite 2.10 and XP SP2 problems

Stu

OSNN Junior Addict
Hi guys :)

I did a fresh install of XP Home with SP2 yesterday. Everything is working swimmingly well except Kazaa Lite 2.10 with a build date of 18th April 2003. Before I formatted, this program had never caused me a problem and would always connect. Now, it's just not connecting. I seem to remember this happening on a previous occassion but after click disconnect then reconnecting, all worked fine. This time I've not had much joy.

I would change and use Kazaa Lite Resurrection but it is able to track your IP address I believe which is not good. I'm fairly sure this version doesn't. I also think that there is a much newer version of Kazaa Lite but I'm not sure if they also can track your email address.

Can anyone help please? Thanks in advance to anyone who can :)

Advice don't use applications that steal others copyrights.

Then you won't have to worry about going to jail or paying a huge fine.

Lee said:
Advice don't use applications that steal others copyrights.

Then you won't have to worry about going to jail or paying a huge fine.

Very judegemental aren't we?

Interesting development, the same version works on my sister's computer without XP SP2. Could that be causing the problem?

Not judgemental I can't stand petty criminals and thieves. I will say it again, you make honest people pay more money for software, music, movies and any other data that it saleable and you got for nowt!

I always thought we had a rules about these kinds of threads.

I am sure they come under the area which covers, cracks, hacking and warez.

Lee said:
Not judgemental I can't stand petty criminals and thieves. I will say it again, you make honest people pay more money for software, music, movies and any other data that it saleable and you got for nowt!

I always thought we had a rules about these kinds of threads.

I am sure they come under the area which covers, cracks, hacking and warez.

You are judgemental because you don't know what reason I have for using Kazaa. You are assuming that I am downloading copyrighted music which I can assure you I am not. I am also not downloading copyrighted software. I'm not, but I could be, using it as a means for sharing my band's music. Don't forget, Kazaa (or Kazaa Lite) isn't an illegal program, it is the way in which people (unfortunately the majority) use it that is illegal.

I probably should have posted that in my original post to save any confusion. My apologies.

Stu said:
You are judgemental because you don't know what reason I have for using Kazaa. You are assuming that I am downloading copyrighted music which I can assure you I am not. I am also not downloading copyrighted software. I'm not, but I could be, using it as a means for sharing my band's music. Don't forget, Kazaa (or Kazaa Lite) isn't an illegal program, it is the way in which people (unfortunately the majority) use it that is illegal.

I probably should have posted that in my original post to save any confusion. My apologies.

Amen Brother!

Stu said:
I would change and use Kazaa Lite Resurrection but it is able to track your IP address I believe which is not good. I'm fairly sure this version doesn't. I also think that there is a much newer version of Kazaa Lite but I'm not sure if they also can track your email address.

This is why I know you're telling porky pies. If you were uploading your music, you would not have no worries about ip/isp being traced and contacted, nor your e-mail being traced, huh, whoppers keep them for the school playground.

It is probably the SP2 firewall settings....i dont have it on this computer here at work but...search around the microsoft Sp2 firewall settings and enable whatever port needs to be enabled for kazaa to work. im not sure what ports need to be be enabled, but im sure if you google it..you will find out fast

Lee said:
This is why I know you're telling porky pies. If you were uploading your music, you would not have no worries about ip/isp being traced and contacted, nor your e-mail being traced, huh, whoppers keep them for the school playground.

As far as I'm aware, your IP address is logged/tracked as soon as you log on to the program regardless of what you are doing. OK so I'm not downloading music but when my IP address is logged, people are automatically assuming that I am meaning that I'll have to prove that I'm not using the program for illegal purposes. If you know differently, please tell me so I'm not disallusioned.

Scott Thomas, thanks for the suggestion. However, I've disabled the Windows Firewall and it is not active on my internet connection.

Keep to the subject matter and NO flaming, or this thread will be closed.

Lee, control yourself. Do not assume or make assumptions of other's intent. Typically when one assumes it creates rumors and in turn creates false accusations which in turn puts innocent people in harms way.

Be factual (have proof) or don't comment at all. :)

Lee said:
:rolleyes: Enjoy your music while you still can......Whopperhead. :D

Stu, sorry you had to go through this absurdity just to get help with a problem. I wish people wouldn't post in threads like this if they didn't intend to be helpful. I haven't attempted to use Kazaa with SP2, so I can't promise to be of much help. I can say, however, that the last time I checked, no version of Kazaa was available that would function with SP2. I suggest checking the site you got the program from to see what it says about SP2 specifically. :)

You could try limewire .. That is a good one to share your own creation swith. You could also use Bittorent. Kazaa isn't very good to use now a days. Especially with the way teh feds are busting people on left and right, and it don't matter if the material is copyrighted or not. You get caught sharing on it you will go down ...

Umm, I'm pretty sure you can't get in trouble if you aren't sharing illegally. Also, while I'd suggest BT, I've never been impressed with Limewire once in its entire existence.

No Limewire...crazy spyware and hard to get rid of

K lite resurrection is the best but I don't use it anymore since I left college and got money! (sorry Lee)

check to see if it's not being blocked by sp2, and are you behind a router?

jsut to add I almost soiled myself from hearing porky pies!

also I know a friend (not me I'm not trying to cover it up) that uses klite resurrection or k lite 2.43, not sure which one, and I installed sp2 on his comp,
so there might be a version that works if you configure it right

muzikool said:
Umm, I'm pretty sure you can't get in trouble if you aren't sharing illegally. Also, while I'd suggest BT, I've never been impressed with Limewire once in its entire existence.
They would still come after you thinking you are sharing illegal stuff lol .. And I used to think the same thing about limewire. But the latest version 4.0.8 is really good. There are no bugs and no spyware (And I am a Spyware free finatic - If for a second I thought there was spyware on this I would dump it like a bad habit). I did'nt like the fact that it uses java but seeing that I also use azureus I figured what harm can it be to try it. I am very happy with it.

Things like Gnutella and Emule/Edonkey I am not impressed with. They are the runts of the litter as far as I am concerned. They are nothing but a waste of space on ones PC ..

I'm glad to hear Limewire lost the spyware it used to be the best

search for klitekpp242s.exe

Find sopmeone who can get to kazaalite.

search for klitekpp242s.exe
you may have to uncheck in the options/filter file types that can contains virus
good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back