Kazaa decentralized or centralized

Kazaa is "technically" decentralized. It has a key server for verification and updating of global supernodes. If the verification server is taken down the only thing that happens is the whole username/PW scheme is skipped (bs waste of time anyway) and the supernodes are not updated.

But this does not matter, as Kazaa upon connection failure will just search through every availible node in it's list of supernodes, and any other attached nodes it has cached. (if you want to see this in action just load up your firewall such as norton and watch it search through connections while logging in)

So Kazaa does have a central point right now, but if that central point is taken out it won't make a difference other then adding connection time to the first load of kazaa. And now that kazaa won in court overseas that set a pretty powerful precedent that will cause trouble for the RIAA or anyone to shut it down heh.

And please don't bring up the whole morpheus fiasco, thats involves something completely separate from centrality and involves a company dispute. in fact if you want you are still able to use morpheus contrary to belief :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back