Kazaa Alternatives

S

Spanko

Well now we have all seen the news, and there will be no more kazaa, so I wanted to open up a thread to discuss alternatives. Of course they would have to be spyware free, or have "hacked" spyware free version. So which ones have all of you used and which did you like best? and why? As far as I'm concerned Kazaa Lite was the best, fast downloads, and you could always find what you were looking for. I always had trouble with the Gnutella Clients, seemed like I could never find what I wanted and when I did it wouldnt download, or it would go awfully slow. Lets hear what the rest of you have to say.

eventhough Kazaa is going down.. the Kazaa itself will still be functional.. so we all can use the kazaa lite.

Yep. WinMX all the way!
There's a new version 3.1 of WinMX out now.

I've always preferred DC++...it's a little different (in that you have to share decent amounts of files to get onto hubs), but I find that I always get high transfer speeds, and a greater variety of files.
You can get DC++ from http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/, or the normal Direct Connect client from http://www.neo-modus.com/
But with DC++'s ability to connect to an unlimited number of hubs at a time, and search them all, I don't see why you'd want it.

I have used only Morpheous (original and preview edition) and Kazaa Lite. When I learned about Kazaa Lite, I was pleased that it was free from ads, popups, etc. This is a big deal to me, as I'm sure it is to a lot of people.

Morpheous is okay, but I don't care for the way the program interacts with user internet connections though (constantly sending/receiving packets, even at an idle state). My brother uses Morpheous and when he accidentally leaves it running at idle state I notice my Linksys router lighting up like a Christmas tree. If I'm doing anything over the internet when he does this, I feel it. So usually I go to his computer and shut the program down. With Kazaa this is not an issue.

I read that Kazaa sold their business to another company. I did not read that the network was going to be dissolved.....yet.

Regardless, I'm interested in hearing about alternatives as well. I haven't heard much about WinMX.

I use Grokster at the moment but I think this uses the Kazaa network so if it does and Kazaa goes down bringing Grokster down I think I will try WinMX out first

MIRC All The Way!!!! much Friendlyer :D no spyware crap no ads no nowt if u know wot ya doing ;)

Gnucleus is pretty good too - good download speeds and LOTS of files - shame the icon looks like a fried egg though :)

I had problems with WinMX and didn't rate it - but that seems to be just me

Originally posted by TR!GG3R
MIRC All The Way!!!! much Friendlyer :D no spyware crap no ads no nowt if u know wot ya doing ;)

Ahh mIRC, the only program on my machine that truly loves me :D

for MP3 BLUBSTER is the way to go, other than that i think WinMX is pretty descent........audo galaxy if u wanna search for 80's metal bands and rock, but blubster is the one i really like

I use a combination of kazza lite and mIRC to get what I need, would be a great shame to lose kazza lite...

Blubster All the way

Hey I think Blubster Kicks the @ss of KaZaA in searching for mp3s. When I look for a song i see all these people with t3 lines and speeds are wonderfull. As for mIRC never tried it, is it the same as eDonkey2000 if so its good but have trouble connecting. Anyone care to explain to me how to use mIRC. Do it in steps so that i can follow. But anyhow Blubster is the way to go and when Blubster 2.0 comes out it will truly rock.

WinMX is the best for new material and some old stuff. If you're into the old stuff, like my dad is, then you want AudioGalaxy. It will que up a song and it will just download whenever a user with that song is on. Be careful though - the AudioGalaxy Satellite program is riddled with spyware that pops up ads at random when you are surfing the internet. The solution to this is to download the spyware free version of AudioGalaxy Satellite. Go to http://www.kazaalite.com and click on the PHP version to get it. At the top you will see something that says "Latest AudioGalaxy Satellite NOSPYWARE". Click on that and it will bring you to a place where you can download it.

As I've said before, WinMX is the best for new material and some old stuff. If you're into the old stuff, like my dad is, then you want AudioGalaxy. It will que up a song and it will just download whenever a user with that song is on. Be careful though - the AudioGalaxy Satellite program is riddled with spyware that pops up ads at random when you are surfing the internet. The solution to this is to download the spyware free version of AudioGalaxy Satellite. Go to http://www.kazaalite.com and click on the PHP version to get it. At the top you will see something that says "Latest AudioGalaxy Satellite NOSPYWARE." Click on that and it will bring you to a place where you can download it. You can check for spyware by downloadind a program called Ad-aware. Go to http://www.download.com to get it.

WINMX seems fine for music, but it has nothing on what I look for on a daily basis. there is more to find than MP3.

Thanks ModestCargo, I use Ad-Aware to remove the spyware, but I installed spyware free version from the link you gave :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back