Kaspersky can't finish complete PC Scan

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
I installed Kaspersky on 3 computers that were all fresh builds. The complete scan is in a state of "running" for three days!! The file counter is going up, but what the heck is taking so long? I fiddled with the setting of releasing resources to other programs or whatever it is, but not a noticeable difference. How can I force this to speed up so it can complete?

Is this KAV or KIS?

The first complete scan takes longer but what you are getting seems too long.
If you haven't done so already you should post at the Kaspersky Forum as there are people there that know the product inside and out plus the author's check posts/solve problems there too.

Edit: may want to read long scan times

Last edited:
Very interesting stuff AZ, gives me a few things to try when I get home. Thanks for posting, and maybe I'll post there too if the ideas don't help me at all. Honestly, I think part of it is me not properly understanding the program and how it works exactly. I too interpreted that top field of actually running a scan as it says running, but seems that's the counter of how many files it scans as you access them.

My concern is in the top quadrant if says a full computer scan has not yet been performed, which I thought I had as I went into Scan, checked all drives. But, I may have missed something - now I'm educated and know what to look for, I'll give it another shot.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back