Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro crash

Howling Wolf

We did not deserve this !
... Let me tell you what's happening in quite a few words:
every second boot, XP reaches the desktop, resident progs. start to load,..., and there it is, XP is frozen, I get the hourglass when pointing the cursor at the task bar... just got to cold reboot and it should boot ok.
I point at Kaspersky Antivirus Personal Pro because the problem started to show up right after I installed it. Antiviral ToolKit Pro was installed before (previous XP install) and worked flawlessly.
When I uninstall KAV Personal Pro, and reinstall AVP everything's ok ! To be sure, I put back KAV and here we go again: XP freezes at the very near end of loading the desktop !
I must mention though that sometimes, after 10 or 15 minutes, XP show me it is not frozen anymore !!! But it's rare !

Is it KAV itself, or a parameter whithin it ?

Please, help me find out !
Thanx.

If you are using the KAV off of kaspersky.com, I don't believe that one is really compatible with WinXP. I never have been able to get it to work. Save your key file and get the new beta version off of www.betanews.com. Just do a search for Kaspersky. I've been using that one 2 months, and it's worked flawlessly.

Many thanx for this one, I'm currently downloading it and will see if it's more stable and allows XP to boot the right way it should.

I had no probs with version 3.5.x but want to keep it up to date as I suppose version 4.x should bring improvements over 3.5.x - if not, what's the use to offer a new version ? The look and feel is not that important, I think.

Than you to keep me, and others as well, informed about KAV improvements and explain them a little.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back