Kaspersky Anti-Hacker

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Hi there i was looking on the Kaspersky website the other day and i knoticed the antihacker rogram they are offering which is basically a firewall package. Does anybody know anything about this I am currently running the Kaspersky antivirus and kerio 4.11 rc1 firewall. Is the Kaspersky any good and would i have any benifit in changing ? was just wondering as i am running the same antivirus how the firewall might intergrate in.

Thanks

I tested KAH last year. I think its a very nice little firewall. It doesn't however boast any advanced features but its future development should bring in some very good things.

The interface of KAH is very straightforward, its stable and low on resources.

Kerio 4 does have things it does not. KAH offers no extras, it just a firewall, no web filter etc. It also does not have anything like the 'System Security' Module of Kerio 4.

Its price tag would put me off it, you wont get anything more for your money.

I think in furture versions KAH will become very good indeed.

Personally i don't like Kerio 4 much so would recommend KAH, Sygate or my favorite Outpost 2.0 over it. But thats just my opinion.

Enyo said:
Personally i don't like Kerio 4 much so would recommend KAH, Sygate or my favorite Outpost 2.0 over it. But thats just my opinion.

What dont you like about kerio version 4 apart for instability (which has obviously been an issue)

I have tried sygate but it slowed my connection too much when i was on dial-up and i personally dont like it. As for outpost its a very nice bit of kit but it was munching my cpu time and i went back to kerio

When i say i don't like it thats very much my own opinion. I feel its become bulky, stability is a issue for some yes, the GUI does not appeal to me and the changes to the license means you loose the web filtering (not a huge problem)

Its really just not for me, Kerio 2.1.5 was great, a little basic but it was good. The changes in 4 meant Kerio was bulked up and is alot like every other firewall around now. Thats why i don't use it.

Enyo said:
When i say i don't like it thats very much my own opinion. I feel its become bulky, stability is a issue for some yes, the GUI does not appeal to me and the changes to the license means you loose the web filtering (not a huge problem)

Its really just not for me, Kerio 2.1.5 was great, a little basic but it was good. The changes in 4 meant Kerio was bulked up and is alot like every other firewall around now. Thats why i don't use it.

I have just switched to Kaspersky Anti-Hacker and their Anti virus product from Schematic Internet Security as it was allowing known Trojans into my system. The range of Kaspersky products are not as easy to use as Internet security once you go poking around but I’m sure they will address this issues soon. I recently had a denial of service attack and was told that the connection would not be available for another hour and could find no way of overriding it. Generally though it works.

I was not saying anything at all against Kaspersky products.

Your right about the complex nature of Kaspersky GUIs, the GUI of KAV is more complex than your average AV but KAV 5 will make things better for the end user.

KAHs GUI is straight forward depending on what firewall you come from, if your used to a simple rule based structure you may scratch your head to begin with but there is really very little to it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back