K7S5A MoBo - SDRAM prob...

w0lv3rin3

The Source
Political Access
i have 1 Sitck of 512 SDRAM and 256 SDRAM and for some stupid freeking reason when my PC boots up with those sticks of ram, i recieve a blank screen on boot up, humm i am using two sticks of 128 DDR and the 512 and 256 SDRAM are 100% great, they work on all my other PC's and i have alos had it ram tested by a tester and passed

what is up wit this.

yes my mobo does support SDRAM and DDR.

well first off try changing the order of what they are in the slots because when i had my 512 and 256 in one way it did the same.

second off, how much snow is there in barrie???

Thin Layer of snow, like 3 cm maby less, and what do u mean change slots, u know that SD cant fit in DDR

like change the order of what they are in

512 in slot 1
and 256 in slot 2
or vise versa

ok ill ttry BRB in 20 30 mins, i have to find my other machien witch has it

I have the K7S5A mobo as well.. you aren't using th DDR and SDRAM at the same time are you?? because you cant.. you can only use one or the other...

i know that, im not that stupid

is their any settings or neything i ned to change in BIOS CMOS or something?

yea.. unplug the ATX from the mobo, and reset your CMOS by using the jumpers... It is the set of jumpers marked JP4. You might have already tried that, but It what I would do first.. what processsor do you have?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back