K menu icons change all of a sudden....

apu95

Caffeine-->Code Converter
i installed MDK 9.2 about 5 days ago....the first day i ran it, the icons in the K menu were bigger (for example, the icon for the amusement section, the office section, etc).
now they suddenly changed, and theyre really small and instead of a cool icon, its this boring blue folder icon.

whats weirder is that all of them were like this. now that i installed aMSN (gaim wouldnt work for some reason) some changed to the cool icons again. specifically, Applications, Configuration, Multimedia and Networking (and all categories inside) went back to the cool icons.

i dont know if this'll help or not, but for some reason, when the icons went to the boring blue folders, some applications disappeared from the menu as well
for example: in Configuration>KDE> i only had "Power Control" and "Peripherals", and now that it went back to the cool icons, i have: Accessibility, Components, Information, Look n Feel, Network, Peripherals, Power Control, Security, Sound, System, Web Browsing.

is it normal for the icons to change like this? if not, how i can i change them back to the cool ones instead of plain old boring blue folders?

thx!
Apu

try right clicking on the taskbar and go to Size and choose "Medium" or something like that, as for the Icons they could have changed with the smaller panel or you could have changed your Icon theme

:confused: !!!!!
what the hell! i just booted into linux and now all the icons went back to the nice looking ones! :eek:
i dont think this is normal, is it?
is there some config file or something to look at to see what icons are supposed to be loaded at KDE's start?

thx!
Apu

:)thx geffy...
it hasnt changed back to the ugly icons again...weird, but meh :D

:mad: damned icons! they changed and look like folders again!
im not sure what i couldv've done that changes them like that. maybe its a bug, but its weird that it happens in both KDE and GNOME (i just checked in GNOME).
would upgrading GNOME and KDE help?

thx!
Apu

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back