Justice Department Seizes ISONEWS.COM

polarbear_ak

OSNN Junior Addict
The US Government Justice Department has taken control of ISONEWS.COM today for the owner selling ModChips on his site.
Check out www.isonews.com for more info
Polar

perhaps someone may considering removing this from the front page news ?

It was either a hack (most likely) or possibly a publicity stunt, which if it is, seems to have worked quite well, with some sites putting it on the front page :p

Originally posted by Sazar
perhaps someone may considering removing this from the front page news ?
It wasn't posted because I couldn't confirm it was a hack or real. Also, the page was normal when I got to it. I have seen the "hacked" page from other sites.
If another mod feels it's news worthy, be my guest and post it.

Ok, skazzy thought it was front page news. I personally don't think things like site being hacked are front page news :rolleyes:

is now the property of the United States government.
The domain and web site were surrendered to U.S. law enforcement pursuant to a federal prosecution and felony plea agreement for conspiracy to violate criminal copyright laws.

David Rocci, a.k.a “krazy8,” pled guilty in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia on December 19, 2002, to conspiring with others to violate federal copyright laws by illegally importing, marketing, and selling modification, or "mod," chips. Mod chips illegally circumvent built-in security protections and allow individuals to play pirated games on game consoles, such as the Microsoft Xbox and the Sony Playstation2. Rocci and his co-conspirators used www.iSONEWS.com as the exclusive outlet to market and sell their mod chips to individuals in the illegal warez scene. As a result, the iSONEWS website is now the property of the United States government. Individuals involved in this conduct face up to five years in federal prison and a fine of $500,000 for each count charged. To learn more about United States v. Rocci, click here.

Piracy is the unauthorized, willful reproduction or distribution of copyrighted material, such as software, movies, music, and games. People who distribute pirated works over the Internet via IRC, FTP sites, web sites, or file-sharing networks, and people who download or reproduce pirated works are risking criminal prosecution. Piracy is a crime even when the works are distributed over the Internet for free or where the conduct does not involve monetary gain, such as the trading of pirated products for other pirated products.

The Department of Justice and federal law enforcement will continue to investigate and prosecute individuals and groups that violate the federal criminal copyright laws at home and abroad. For more information on these and other federal anti-piracy investigations, visit www.cybercrime.gov.

That's not on their page now nor was it earlier this morning when I saw this thread.

no worries, wasn't on mine first time I checked.. its old news now ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back