Just Watched Supersize ME!!

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
Dear god i feel so sick and disheartened now, but one thing i'm gonna do is no longer eat fast food ever.... and i mean it, that guy put on almost 20lbs in one month from only eating Mc D's i know most people don't eat it at every meal but a lot of people eat it at least once a day.

I way 210lbs now, i think thats 14 stone, i'm looking to way 190 by christmas i think thats about 12 stone, i'll keep you posted! :D

Nice film, did it share of good, too democrat :p
Funny thing is, most people I've talked to went to eat at McDonalds a short period after watching the film. Guess seeing its logo 5000 times during an hour and a half has something to do with it.

Weigh not way... sorry couldn't resist :)

Yeah the film is shocking, although not totaly an unexpected outcome if you think about it.
All things in moderation, as my mother says :)

McD's way of merchadising and promoting its brand name. :p

Heard that the guy pukes a lot in the movie. Yes/No?

If a movie about unmoderated eating at a fast food restaraunt can cause this much stir, then a movie about every time I fart should make millions.

People today have less common sense than ever.

Yet another movie I never plan on wasting my time on.

Steevo said:
If a movie about unmoderated eating at a fast food restaraunt can cause this much stir
Its not exactly about that, its more about how corparates like McD's make sure the consumption of their product begins at young age, and how they never bother warning the people about the health risks involved in consuming those products.
I personaly think that fast foods quality is in its name, its fat saturated food.

yeah sorry weigh not way :)

but whats more disturbing than the fat is the toxic ingredients in the food, and the way they make chicken nuggets is that they just get a whole chicken and grind it up bones, organs giblets and all... and no gravy, can you believe that :)

I used to work at McDonalds.

There was no "special sauce" or any other ingrediants that made it any worse than home cooked food. Or any food that you buy from the local Safeway, Krogers or any other store.

So far as eating it from a young age? My parents fed me BBQ at a young age, and if I allowed myself to get fat from it should I blame them, or teh Grill maker, or Bulls Eye sauce? The same logic applies here.

The fact of the matter is there are too many people with too much time on their hands, and easy targets have big signs.

So what your saying is a fat society is just fine?
I don't blame McD's for nothing, I blame the people who don't know where to stop.

Benny said:
I don't blame McD's for nothing, I blame the people who don't know where to stop.

the big golden arch tells them where to stop

The big "love handles" tells them when to stop. :D

The problem is that we live in a society of excess. It is not where we eat but how much of it we eat. We eat because we have a lot of it, it's cheap and it is available 24/7.

You could eat at McD's every day and not get FAT, if you eat correctly. They also have salads and other lower fat foods.

But we eat and eat and eat... Cheap burgers, I'll have two... or maybe three. Ooooo, fries... make mine a "super size". Soda, "super size" it... and then I'll go back and get another.

We eat way too much, that's the problem.

I'll just go and eat at Subway. :D

If someone doesn't understand that McDonald's food is bad for them then there is something wrong with them.
It's the same thing with smoking, I smoke but I'm not planning on suing any tobacco companies cause I may get cancer. I deserve cancer for being stupid enough to do sometihng I know will hurt me.
First it's blame Marilyn Manson, then it's blame Jackass, then it's blame big tobacco, now it's fast food and Grand Theft Auto

when will people learn to take responsibility for their own actions

Benny said:
Not at all. I just started going to the gym again. I need to lose about 10 lbs. I'm running 3-4 miles and lifting weights. Skip lunch.

I detest fat people, working at McD's only reinforced that. Fat people coming through drive through ordering a Double Quarter Punder (1,000 calories) Supersize fries, and .................. a diet coke.

If a person has a problem then they should do something about it, not add to it.

It was disgusting dealing with some people who looked like they almost couldn't fit through the car door. Then they add to it, and was it my fault, or anyone elses?

I can't help but feeling that the world will need to be run by the military to keep it in shape.

I was thinkin about renting this movie. Is it good? Funny?

LOL thats all I gotta say ..... what the hell has the world come too as if eating Mac D's is even worth the bandwidth this thread is using.

:p

Simple answer is as long as you do enough exercise you can eat what you like and as much as you like :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back