just wanted to know

Sazar

Rest In Peace
what everyones connection speed is

I am getting around 1 mb dl on my cable... this is the cnet connection speed checker thingy...

anyhoo here is a piccie of my connection speed...

feel free to post your connection speeds... will be interesting to know... and post location so we can compare...

I live in tampa/florida/usa...

:D

fluctuating between 950 kbps and 1320 kbps right now :) a lot cheaper for me with my cable than with dsl at the same speed..

anyone know cheap oc3 providers in the vicinity :)

xsiv? you know anything bout oc3 in the area?

I have the normal basic 512k ADSL :(. You 2 guys make my connection feel like a snail (not fair) :p . I have only recently got it since i used to be on the laggy 56k and i think its a big improvement:p :D . But i am hoping in the near future to upgrade to a faster connection some time. But its the money thats the problem. Here in United Kingdom, Internet fee's are expencive :mad: as much as any other UK guy would know.

What are the costs like in Internet Fee's in America? Cheap? Not So bad? Expencive? Ive always wondered how much AOL was in America since its a problem for you guys to stay online etc.

I took this test a while ago at: http://www.dslreports.com
If i do a speed test on a local (somewhere in Europe) server, the test results would be much higher of course. :rolleyes:
Gonna try the cnet test later today (i hope).
Right now my connection is really slow because my cable provider is switching over to a new network. :eek:

Connection: cable.

Here is my speed, 256K DSL Philippine style... The best I can get is 205K on a real good day but between 160kbps to 185kbps are the norm..

Originally posted by sazar99
xsiv? you know anything bout oc3 in the area?

Don't kow much about it. I found this, though you may have already checked it. It is only offered for business.

My latest speed test. I am on Roadrunner.

the hell with it, Ill just type it ffs :rolleyes:

ATTBI Cable

1534 kbps down
245 kbps up

Text Block Size 500 KB
Download Time 3165 ms
Receive Buffer 256960 bytes
Transmission Speed 1264 Kb/s

(that speed kinda depends on when the cable co wants the internet to even work)

bah, upload is to embarassing to even post

(just say I could drive the file to most ppl faster than sending)

I officially declare a holy chicken war against xsiv's ungodly cable modem :( that bassturd has too much oomph... DIE VERMIN DIE

for alex_is_axel

I am paying around the $35 mark with student discounts for my connection..

I am going through a router and have 4 computers hooked up online here (3 people total) and thats the basic setup... so I pay around 12 bucks a month (incl. tax)...

its not too bad... cheaper than DSL in my area...

I use certain tweaks from www.speedguide.net to sped up my connection... it works a tad...

speed has been generally increasing in the university area from when I first got cable...

I used to get an average of about 450 kbps... now I can gernally hit in the 1 meg region...

but I need to find out where xsiv lives so I can go and borrow his cable modem for a few years :D

Originally posted by sazar99
I officially declare a holy chicken war against xsiv's ungodly cable modem :( that bassturd has too much oomph... DIE VERMIN DIE

Hehe :D

xsivforce what site is that u used to test bandwidth, i've never seen it before.

Originally posted by AthlonXP
xsivforce what site is that u used to test bandwidth, i've never seen it before.
It is Toast. There are several tests from different places that can be run there. Some are free, some are not. I used the Toast free - all tests. Just enter your ISP and your connection type.

I duno what it is with toast... I am getting over 1000 kbps with my girlfriends computer which is NOT tweaked... and getting around 900 with cnet... average over 3 separate tests :) maybe the site is messing round with the results.. either cnet or toast don't know which yet...

I officialy rescind my holy chicken war with xsiv over this finding... yer a lucky bugger mate :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back