Just put in the 3.4 800 1meg P4 478 pin Do I need different memory?

Mazspeed

OSNN Addict
I just bought a new P4 478 pin 3.4 gig 800 fsb 1meg. My other was a 2.8 533 478 pin. It doesn't want to boot up? Do I need updated memory to use this new processor? The memory is DDR 3200

Thanks in advance
Mike

clear the cmos and attempt to boot after that...

generally fixes any issues you may have with booting upon installation of a new cpu...

How do I do that, I can't boot into BIOS after installing the chip.
Thanks
Mike

What Mobo do you have?

I've seen this happen when your Mobo don't support 800Mhz fsb Processor's.

yup thats the prob bush dogg, Mazspeed you need to download the latest bios from ur mobo manufacturer's site and then install it, i bet itll work fine after that.

that board supports ddr2, the little connectors are like hair, i would advise to switch to pc4200 ddr2.

I have the azus p4c 800 delux. Do I still need to flash the bios? How do I do this, as I have never done it before.

Thanks again guys
Mike

I need the asus product cd that came with my motherboard, and I don't have it.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I'm stuck

Hi Mazspeed,

All the firmware you will need for your BIOS upgrade is available on the ASUS site. The instructions for upgrade your BIOS is available there as well.

Just make absolutely certain you get which download you need, for your particular board.

Heeter

Asus p4c800 Deluxe

Use that link if your mobo is DEFINITELY a p4c800 deluxe and not a p4c800 or p4c800-e deluxe.

Your new cpu was supported from bios level 1017, so put the old cpu in,switch your machine on, and note the BIOS level reported on the POST screen.
If the number is lower than 1017, you need to upgrade the BIOS.

Go here to see how to flash BIOS

BIOS level 1019 (the newest) is here

Fingers crossed, and good luck :)

Ok got it. I was able to do it and flash the bios (big pain in the ass) but since I was running SCSI's and other ad ons I had to take it in so that they could redo the bios settings. I wish they would tell you this stuff on the website. Oh well I got it, and it's faster now. Thanks for your help everyone.

Cheers
Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back