Just played the Xbox 360...

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
OK, you guys are probably all going to laugh at me, but I just played the XBOX360 for the first time last night. I have seen and messed with demos in stores, but a friend of mine has one and I was over there last night.

Man, it's COOL! I have to say the first thing that impressed me was the wireless controllers. I took a chance a few months back with my XBOX to get wireless controllers from Logitech, but the lag was just unacceptable. Not only is there no lag, but the reception and distance on the new controllers is amazing. Another cool thing I noticed is that if you are watching a DVD that is being played through the XBOX360, and you are signed into XBOX Live, a little pop-up appears if someone from your buddy list signs on.

I only played for about 10 minutes, but those features are only the tip of what I am sure is an awesome iceberg. I'm still sticking to my guns and waiting until my birthday, (July 20th), to get one, but it's sooo cool. On the negative side, I'm not impressed with the short supply of games out atm. However, this can be expected for a new platform, hopefully more sports games will be out shortly.

What do you guys think of yours so far who have them, what are your favorite features?

Re: Just played the XBOX360...

Play it on a HDTV, looks pretty amazing.

Yeah, my buddy has a 60" projection TV, but not HD :(

Still looked pretty sweet, but I'm hoping to get a HDTV before or when I buy the xbox as well.

Just wish I made enough $$$$ to keep up with my wants/desires :p

i play with mine on my 37" plasma :p
I have to agree the wireless controlers totaly rock! They weigh less than my old xbox controlers, and are great for turning the system on etc from bed :D

Henyman said:
i play with mine on my 37" plasma :p
I have to agree the wireless controlers totaly rock! They weigh less than my old xbox controlers, and are great for turning the system on etc from bed :D

Ahh yes...now you won't ever have to get off of your bed :p

mmhmm, I think 37" is a bit out of my price range, I was thinking 30" when I decide to buy. Time will tell, as I should be up for a raise and a bonus around that time :)

Nah, I should be good. Prices are coming down on those too :)

How much was your TV in USD?

£2,000.00 = $3,490.40 Can get them for half of that price, but i went for a brand i trust, and i also got pixel plus which gives a sharper image. could have got a 45" identical model without pixel plus for same amount.

Holy mother of **** that is an expensive TV!

Pictures, now.

:laugh:

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 150
We are the lazy generation no Doubt.

Incidently that is a well placed song in the Burnout3. A new Burnout is coming out soon for the 360.

Man my weekends are done.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back