Just ordered 9 parts . Envy me! lol

Here we go. just ordered.. Im so excited.

1. DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
Link

Price= 175

there is alos this one thats 25 more but im not sure whats diffrent about it.. ANy ideas? other dfi lan board

2. AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice Integrated into Chip FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3500DAA4BP - OEM
Link

Price= 272

3. ZALMAN CNPS7700-CU 120mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan - Retail
link

Price=47

4. CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model TWINX1024-3200C2PT - Retail
Link

Price= 119

5. Western Digital Raptor WD360GD 36.7GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM
Link

Price (2x)= 246

6. Leadtek PX6800GT TDH Geforce 6800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI-Express x16 Video Card - Retail
Link

Price= 378

7. SEASONIC S12-500 ATX12V 500W Power Supply - Retail
Model #: S12-500
Link

Price= 129

8. COOLER MASTER STC-T01-UW Grey with Black trim Aluminum Bezel, SECC Chassis ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail
Link

Price= 180 (bought)

9. Cooler Master Cross Flow Fan for CM-Stacker, Model "STF-B01-E1" -RETAIL - Retail
link

Price= 28

Total=1480 w/ shipping

Yours is 6 channel audio chipset, The other is an 8 channel audio chipset.

Congrats on your purchase, Bud.

Very well balanced package you put together, and lots of room to grow with.

Heeter

Great choice on the case, it's a beast, but very spacious inside, so it's very easy to build with ( a common trait with Coolermaster products!). The motherboard seems to be highly recommened by custompc too :)

I'm really envious with your choice of ram though, I could never afford something as a premium as that :D

I have to down the powersupply. I would have gone with the OCZ Powerstream 420W because it puts more amps on the 12v rail.

Oh and the more expensive mobo comes with more software and looks to be a better array of cables.

i have a 24bit audigy 2, new 16 x dvd burner and a winfast tv card are the only three peices moving over. I love that ram i acually have the same ram in pc 2700. Looks identical with those heat spreaders on. I built this rig to overclock and watercool later on so im happy. everything but my GPU and CPU have shipped! those two are coming from new york aparently.

I want that case...Congrats on the purchase :p. When you get it put together we should game :)

PHP:
I want that case...Congrats on the purchase . When you get it put together we should game

Hell yah. Im looking forward to putting both doom 3 and farcry at high settings.. as well as half life.. I will need to play all those games over. done right hehe.

The case is badass.. The cooling will be amazing trying to decide if i should put the other 2 120 mm fans in the front or not..

I just want this stuff to get here have a tracking number for everything other than the GPU and CPU (both coming from newyork) the other stuff should ge here by thursday supposedly. But im worried that the GPU and CPU wont come the same day.. hehe

DOOM 3 with a machine of that "power" is a true experience .. so are all the others when your in that level of hardware "games" are amazing trust me I am in that level lol
and its a great place to be.

trust me im ready.. im also looking forward to games loading so much faster with the raptors running raid 0.

MY bank just called to make sure i spent the money. God this stuff needs to get here faster hehe.

Out of all of those components, heh, I'm in love with that FAN / HEATSINK!!!
The Zalman is my new friend :)

P.S: Why didn't you buy the Asus A8n-SLI deluxe board for that money? Oh and how do DFI's stack up? Haven't read too much about them.

aparently the DFI board is proven to be better at overclocking. I looked at the ASUS board and was going to get it. But i wanted to get the best componets i could so i could do some overclocking when i got the water cooling in. (and a little when i first get it) hehe... I bought that geforce 6800 GT for a simalre i paid more for the huge heatsink on it but with it i can easily overclock it to a ultra. hehe

To be honest my biggest splurge on there was the two rator hardrives. But i figured it be cool work with raid some at home. And there is a drastic speed increase. May have to add another 2 drives later on for a 4 drive array. hehe.

My second tracking number posted last night! damn i have to wait tell friday to get everything.. this is killing me. hehe

Last edited:
Hey Venom,

After using the raptors, you won't go back. But after significant testing using these HD's, MaximumPC recommends using three HD instead of four. Three and Four HD's netted the exact same burst and transfer speeds. So save yourself the dough and get only a third one.

I RAID0 two of them and I ain't going back...........

But you will never hear the end of it either (My single drive is better/faster than your RAID'ed Raptors, yadda, yadda) Actual benchmarking proves it in MaximumPC proves Raptors are actually faster than 15,000RPM SCSI units. RAIDing them only adds to the insanity........

Warning, though. Playing games will not get faster with the Raptors. Games are CPU/GPU intensive, not HD intensive. Loading the games will speed up.

Heeter

PHP:
Warning, though. Playing games will not get faster with the Raptors. Games are CPU/GPU intensive, not HD intensive. Loading the games will speed up.

Oh i know. But something i have noticed is that load times between levels are getting longer and longer.. hehe will be really nice cutting them down.

Like i said the raptors were a extrem luxery. More of to say that i have them. I may get a 3rd like you suggested. I hate running raid 0 just because all it takes is one drive to go to mess everything up.. looking into the 1.5 if i can.. But i will probaly just go with 0.

Find a cheap PATA HD that will hold your stuff, like your "Documents" folder get redirected to there. Your Address Book gets redirected there as well. Keep the Raptors empty and defragged.

Like I said in the first post, The main thing is that the beauty of the package you put together, the sky is the limit now for growth......All in due time.....Happy for ya.

Heeter

i plan on throwing in a 250 or 120 for storage. My file server will be taking the most of that from now on so i may just stick with the 120. As you said the sky is the limit i just cant get over how damn big that case is. Iv named it NASA lol.

Man, the prices on the A64 have dropped rather nicely... If I had the cash to spare, I'd be tempted :D

i had to give up things like food/airconditioning... but i think i'll get in shape while playing games at least.. lol

WOOOOO ALL MY STUFF GOT HERE TODAY!!!! will upload pics on a new thread later. ITs oggling time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back