Just my luck!

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political Access
My plasma is broken. Two weeks old and its broken!!

At least I think it is. The audio drops out anywhere from a few minutes to a few seconds into watching. I thought it might have been the discount HDMI cables, everyone says you don't need the expensive cables. But I figured I was lucky enough to encounter problems. But it can't be them, I have two cables and I've tried both in various ports and on multiple devices. Same problem. Next I thought it was the cable box, that thing already failed on me once because of incompatible resolution. They replaced the cable box and it fixed the res issue but the sound still sucks. I called Samsung and they said they think they can fix it but since I'm still within my 30 days I'm going [to have to] return it to Best Buy. It sucks being me sooooooo much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it sucks when an expensive piece of kit fails, but forum rules on language are forum rules on language. Please consult the dictionary for alternative highly expressive words.

As much as I hate to say it since I know its a rip off ... I'm buying the service plan on the next tv I get.

I know it sucks when an expensive piece of kit fails, but forum rules on language are forum rules on language. Please consult the dictionary for alternative highly expressive words.

Sorry about that. But I felt like venting. I'll keep it clean from here on out.

Best Buy let me return it, they let me upgrade to a 50in DLP (that was $200 less!!) and they let me keep my 0% for 18 months. Now I just got to hope this Samsung performs better than the previous one.

I know plasma has a short shelf life but come on! ;)

Seriously though, I'm glad to finally see a story involving Best Buy that in the end actually turned out to be a praise for the store. That was nice they let you keep the 0% financing. I bought my 56" from Costco simply for the return policy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back