just installed win xp :(

R

ripndip

I just reformatted with Win XP, i used to get like 60-70 fps in Counter-Strike with win98 now im getting 15-20fps and sometimes lower in some occasions yes i got new drivers, yes vsync is off yes i got the refresh rate fix from this site. if anyone knows a good tweak i can get or, know what the hell is wrong plz post something thx

We need to know your system specs, what drivers you are running, and all that jazz before we can even touch that problem :)

if your 3d accelerator has Nvidia Chipset, u can try to use the detonator drivers..they usually speed up things...at least with me..

i got a p3 651mhz, 40gb HD, 256mb ram, gf2 mx400 on winxp, before on win98 i used to get 50-60 fps in counterstrike which is horrible for the spec's atlease i think so, i reformatted completly with winxp installed the refresh rate fix from this site, got detonator drivers turned off vsync and my CS runs in 800x600 OpenGL Mode. so now you know my specs :( can joo help ?

try another game and see what its fps is. im reading somany damn posts of issues with cs, and xp. my advice. trash cs, and play, rtcw, or mohaa. both of these games put cs to shame in my opinion. cs obviously crys at xp.;)
u can try some diff nvidia drivers too.

Hahahah!

CS rocks em all, tho I will agree it is using a very old engine!
More gamers agree!

hehe

didnt meant make it sound like it sux,lolol cs is awesome, no denying that. i played it so much its crazy. and for an old engine
its damn good. im burned on it. but i do think rtcw is great multiplayer, the gameplay is as tight as cs in my opinion. and the graphics rock. let me tell ya this though when and if they update the cs engine with better graphics, ill be all over it as thats my main reason for not playing it anymore, im too spoiled with these new graphics. i mean can you imagine cs as it is now, gameplay wise, but with graphics and detail like those in rtcw, and mohaa?
OHH MY GOD...;)

I think thats why CS2 is going to be so highly anticipated.

I am looking foward to Condition Zero alot, but I can still see they are just trying to squeeze a few more dollars out of a dying engine, tho the features of the game look awesome and innovative, the features of the engine are just being stretched - with no real features being added.

Its about time Valve opened up the TF2 engine to a little critisism as thats how all the best products are created... Warcraft 3 for example ....

Weird tho as they are doing completely the opposite with CS1.4 by creating an on going beta where any changes are instantly downloaded to the user !!

yea, i cant wait till unreal tournament 2 is out, i just hope they dont jack the engine trying to make sure the wepons arent spammers, like the old flak cannon. the screens look tasty,lol

valve certainly has alot to live up to , if they wanna best the old cs engine, graphics alone wont doit, thell have to maintain the
sweet gameplay, or itll bomb, (perfect example is quake 3)
the gameplay in 3 sux compared to quake 2. but valve seems to be good at what they do.

i cant wait to see what these guys up the road from me here
do with the new doom game. lol they even have those big double doors, from the old doom games, on the front of there corprate
offices,lol its great...it says id corperation in huge solid gold letters...lol

:cool:

yessir, I got Steam...

cool me down :D :D :D

btw, my post number is 404 :eek:

Beware, you will soon recieve a 404 error :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back