Just had to share..

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Political Access
So.. I took my son to the pediatric dentist today and brought my ipod and laptop along to pass the time.

Booted up the laptop and picked up a wireless signal which kind of suprised me. A kids dentist office isn't the place that I would figure for an open wireless hotspot.

Looked around the waiting room and saw a sign that said wi-fi hotspot - did some speed test and, as far as I can figure, they have a 3mbs/768k (down/up) line..

Anyway.. here I am sitting in the waiting room for my son's dentist and wanted to spam a little :)

lol.. my son's appt. will only be for another 40 minutes or so and I'm on my work laptop - work laptop != torrent

needed something to do while I waited... let's just say that the reading selection at the pediatric dentist office is.. umm.. a little.. light?

I figured I'd take my laptop with me and be semi productive while I waited - of course, I wasn't expecting to spend 1/2 the time there surfing the web (And osnn of course) with the free hotspot.. guess I wasn't so productive after all :)

When I took my kids to the dentist I could never settle to read the magazines or anything cause I was always too busy watching what he was doing and making sure they were okay :D

yeah.. my dentist is weird that way.. they like to take them back while the parents actually stay in the waiting room - it actually helps to keep them calmer when the parents aren't constantly checking on them to make sure they are okay.

I went back with them that first appointment and that was about it.

What is the world coming to when there are wifi hotspots in the dentist offices? A world I love, that's what :)

fitz said:
yeah.. my dentist is weird that way.. they like to take them back while the parents actually stay in the waiting room - it actually helps to keep them calmer when the parents aren't constantly checking on them to make sure they are okay.

I went back with them that first appointment and that was about it.
They do? Don't think I could have done that,I'd have insisted on being in the same room.

Evil Marge said:
They do? Don't think I could have done that,I'd have insisted on being in the same room.
I am always in the same room as wi fi

I think my kids do better without us. I think they sense our (my wife or myself) apprehension when we are aroudn and the dentist is poking around their mouth.. or worse when my wife would try to peer over teh dentit's shoulder to look herself (she's like that.. *sigh*)

I take mags and thing to doctors visits. Not lappies. No hot spots round here except at work.

I like the mountains for the fact that cells don't work and neither does lappies or anyhting else. Sugar the gas if the peopel next to you run a generator.

Wifi is showing up everywhere. I think it is the wave of the future. There are probably over 1,000 spots in my area alone. Local convenient stores, The baseball stadium. Penn State Campus is going wifi also. Plus a slew of other places.

I think with it and fiber, you won't be able to lose.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back