just got an xbox 360

dubstar

format c:
well, i won the ebay auction for an xbox 360 elite. i'm wondering what I should be looking forward to the most. I've been using my old xbox modded with a 250gig hdd for a pretty long time.

Any MUST HAVE games? Is it easy to hookup the NetFlix plug-in with XP Media Center?

Thanks,
Alan

Gears of War is pretty awesome if you like shooters. Halo3 is like crack. Forza 2 is pretty good for racing. GTA 4 is like crack but I personally refuse to buy it yet :D Waiting for the PC version.

Assassin's Creed ^^ (although you could get it for PC...)

Ninja Gaiden 2 coming out in 9 days (6 days for you :(:()

forza 2, any guitar hero, and lego star wars: complete saga.

I can't wait, gonna try trading in my broken version of gta4 for it, hahah

most of the best games seem to be FPS games, and without a mouse and keyboard I just cant be bothered with them at all. Ive been playing FPS games on the PC with a mouse since the original Quake beta and theres no way in hell Im going to sit there trying to play the thing on a pad.

because of that, ive played gears of war for about 15 mins and halo3 for about 5 after friends insisting how good they are. i now refuse to touch any FPS type game unless its on a PC. I tend to stick to racers which are better suited to consoles, and bomberman.

most of the best games seem to be FPS games, and without a mouse and keyboard I just cant be bothered with them at all. Ive been playing FPS games on the PC with a mouse since the original Quake beta and theres no way in hell Im going to sit there trying to play the thing on a pad.

because of that, ive played gears of war for about 15 mins and halo3 for about 5 after friends insisting how good they are. i now refuse to touch any FPS type game unless its on a PC. I tend to stick to racers which are better suited to consoles, and bomberman.

You're missing out buddy :D

Granted that the keyboard and mouse are the best bet for FPS's but something like Halo (from the first on-wards) is quite excellent simply because of the story-line and online play. The vehicles are also very fun even now and it was one of the first (and first BIG game) to introduce usable vehicles.

Gears of War is far easier to control on console because of the ducking method (required).

Both of these games are decent/average fps's but the true awesomeness is when you play the games in co-op mode :D

The current crop can be played in co-op single player mode with upto 4 players (halo3) or 2 (GoW) and are infinitely more fun at the hardest level in that guise :)

I agree with you but, there's more to the games than just lack of kb and mouse.

I have NFS: Underground for regular xbox, anything similar to that.. It's kinda ghetto, but I really have a lot of fun zooming around. Anything like that with better graphics?

Dirt is pretty damn good, but it's more racing/driver oriented.

Maybe Carbon will float your boat?

Btw, Test Drive Unlimited is AWESOME (except I have it for the pc).

Gears of War is pretty awesome if you like shooters. Halo3 is like crack. Forza 2 is pretty good for racing. GTA 4 is like crack but I personally refuse to buy it yet :D Waiting for the PC version.

This list is spot on and receive's Grandmaster's Stamp of Approval™.

I have NFS: Underground for regular xbox, anything similar to that.. It's kinda ghetto, but I really have a lot of fun zooming around. Anything like that with better graphics?
Sazar mentioned NFS: Carbon which i played and actually had a slot of fun with, even though i'm more into simulation racing games like forza. definitely check it out if you're into the NFS series.

Burnout Paradise is a cool racer , GH3 rocks, I like NBA, NHL ....

^ Yeah, I'd pick Burnout Paradise over NFS, you are going to pick an arcade-style racer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back