Just bought a Radeon 9700 Pro

Silverado2000

OSNN Junior Addict
This card is nothing short of AWESOME!!!. The speed and image quality is INCREDIBLE!!. I have been an Nvidia user for a long time and was hesitant about buying this card. Nevertheless, I am very surprised at the speed this thing possesses. My 3DMark went from 8000 to 12249!!. I would recommend it to anyone that is looking to upgrade...... :D

well enjoy the card :) it is a nice piece of hardware...

Make sure the card has good cooling and does not overheat.

Also, I would say it is a good idea to leave the card slot right under the APG slot free, so that there is better airflow.

the card does not overheat..

also the hsf on it is more than adequate to have it work... though it is not bad idea to have the pci slot under the agp slot free...

Sazar, with the right conditions, and the right time, Everything will overheat :)

My opinion anyway.

the stock card does not overheat.. unless you start to overclock it nick M... thats what my point was... does it run hot.. sure... it does have 110 million odd transistors on a PCB much smaller than a ti4600.. but the card itself is not going to blow up in stock conditions... it is not going to overheat... if he is replacing his old card with his new one.. there will be no problems... or should not be...

Originally posted by Sazar
the stock card does not overheat.. unless you start to overclock it nick M... thats what my point was... does it run hot.. sure... it does have 110 million odd transistors on a PCB much smaller than a ti4600.. but the card itself is not going to blow up in stock conditions... it is not going to overheat... if he is replacing his old card with his new one.. there will be no problems... or should not be...

Oh. I see. Sorry Sazar. I though you were saying the card does not run hot, and that is what I was saying.

Yeh....I replaced my GF3 with this card. The slot below the AGP slot is empty, as I have always followed this practice for a long time. I have two fans in the front of my case and one in the back. My system has always run cool. Under idle conditions....the CPU runs 32C.....and the motherboard runs about 30C. I hope I do not have any problems with this card. I just got finished testing it with some games and it is unbelievable. NFS Hot Pursuit 2 doesn't even make it break a sweat!!.....unbelievably smooth.....as is UT 2003 and RallySport Challenge.

When i got mine i was jumping up and down like crazy. It is an amazing power boost. Enjoy

:happy: I did the same thing with my Geforce 4 card

i'm gona wait till next year to drop 400 bucks on the next "best" video card... i have heard , and witnessed ati's driver "fixes" and am still reluctent on getting an ati video card again. the all in wonder 7500 is cool, but the random black screens in ut2k3 are annoying. when the gfx comes out, and the benchmarks have spoken, i'll chock up for the best of the best... microsoft didn't use an nvidia chip in the xbox because there second best...

Originally posted by wyrlwyn
i'm gona wait till next year to drop 400 bucks on the next "best" video card... i have heard , and witnessed ati's driver "fixes" and am still reluctent on getting an ati video card again. the all in wonder 7500 is cool, but the random black screens in ut2k3 are annoying. when the gfx comes out, and the benchmarks have spoken, i'll chock up for the best of the best... microsoft didn't use an nvidia chip in the xbox because there second best...
your points are all valid, but the card you are using is an AIW, which is not really designed to run hardcore games, it is primarily for video... as for now the 9700 has held the lead ever since september (i think). big props for them as they gather up more of the international market. as for gfx, it is nvidia's lifeline now.

Originally posted by Jz1397-4
your points are all valid, but the card you are using is an AIW, which is not really designed to run hardcore games, it is primarily for video... as for now the 9700 has held the lead ever since september (i think). big props for them as they gather up more of the international market. as for gfx, it is nvidia's lifeline now.

me thinks he is not really in it for the AIW lol... he is.. as you mentioned.. perhaps in it for the gfx... and then people will see nvidia have driver problems too since it is their first really new card in a long long time... not that they don't have problems now... just people like to bring up ati's problems coz it seems to be the cool thing to do :)

personally I wanna see what drops out of ati's kitty in q1o3 since their r350 chips are already being fabbed whereas there is only a test run of the gf FX at TSMC..

god damit sazar you beat me every time i try to prove a point. if a i was to score a goal, you would score 2 just to spite me.

Originally posted by Jz1397-4
god damit sazar you beat me every time i try to prove a point. if a i was to score a goal, you would score 2 just to spite me.

bend over and take it like a bizatch lol....

although im a ATi card user right now (Rad8500 retail), i am waiting for the GFX vs ATI 9xxx battle. I will pay out for the better of the two just like wyrlwyn.

It does annoy me when people keep bringing up the old ATi driver issue without thinking that Nvidia also has it own driver issues, why else do they keep releasing drivers????? :p

Originally posted by OTE
although im a ATi card user right now (Rad8500 retail), i am waiting for the GFX vs ATI 9xxx battle. I will pay out for the better of the two just like wyrlwyn.

It does annoy me when people keep bringing up the old ATi driver issue without thinking that Nvidia also has it own driver issues, why else do they keep releasing drivers????? :p

true but the thing is so far from gf2 through to gf4 ti series... there are not that many hardware changes... not compared to what ati has been doing with their boards... ati has had huge changes from their 7xxx to 8xxx and now their 9xxx series of cards... and that usually means drivers made for this from scratch to an extent...

considering this ati has been doing rather well ever since the initial unfinished original 8500 cards...

in defense of nvidia's many driver releases.. .well they do have many cards and many manufacturers... so I think that does have a lot to do with their many releases...

i have heard(and still here) about compatability issues with ati hardware, i have witnessed it with the aiw, and have read aobut it with the updates to the 9700. i give props to ati for having fast silicon, but, nvidia hasn't had a problem with beating the compeditiors to the highest speeds... sure, they are about 20% slower then the 9700, but, the r9700 was release a few months later then the g4s. we all know how it works, the latest release is the fastest, then the next, which is faster... we all know that once we see the gf fx rip ati a new one, we(well, i already do) will all want one of them, casue no one is going to want a "seconf best".
all i can say is, we go for the best, and even if someone makes a slitly slower card, its better then any of us can do, unless some one here fabs 3d accelerator chips in there basements, but i'd like to see them pull off 300+ fps in quake 3.... i give ati and nvidia props for revolutionizing the industry, with the g4 ti 4600, r9700, the xbox, and the game cude.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back