Juno + XP SP2 = No Internet?

Blue Bomber

OSNN Newbie
I installed SP2 last night, and found out I couldn't go online anymore. :( Juno dialed the number and made all the associated beeps and buzzes, but after that, the modem just shut down. I reinstalled Juno just to make sure, but that didn't work, either. :confused: Could this be the advertised incompatibility some programs may experience with SP2, or is it part of the new security updates where I'll need to change some of the preset settings? I used System Restore to uninstall SP2 and I can go online fine now. Any suggestions?

I don't know why, but I never really did liked those dialers that comes with the software, I just use Window's dialer, try using Windows dialer and see if it makes any differents.

I would take a look at the windows firewall .. perhaps it's blocking your connection?

-edit- here

scsa20 said:
I don't know why, but I never really did liked those dialers that comes with the software, I just use Window's dialer, try using Windows dialer and see if it makes any differents.
Been there, done that, doesn't work. :)
Xie said:
I would take a look at the windows firewall .. perhaps it's blocking your connection?

-edit- here
Yeah, that was my first thought, so I shut down the firewall, but it didn't help.

Running the latest release of the juno client?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back