June 2006 Desktop Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
NetRyder said:
I can't tell you for certain since I've never installed a 32-bit OS on this machine. :)

If you ran true 64-bit, CPU-intensive applications (and there admittedly aren't too many of those around yet), you'd definitely notice the difference. Apart from that, there might be minor perf gains due to memory management updates in the kernel. Remember that XP x64 uses NT 3.2 like Server 2003, rather than NT 3.1 which XP x86 uses. Nothing really significant though.

There's more incentive to use Vista x64 on a 64-bit machine because of a number of kernel-level security measures (better resiliency against rootkits, for example) that aren't implemented in the 32-bit kernel.
Interesting, I didn't know that the x64 version of XP was based off of 3.2 ....i love useless information!

My knowledge of how 64 bit works is pretty basic I guess. I understand that 32bit pipelines are half the size of 64bit pipelines so you can fit half the data into a CPU as you can with 64bit. I do realize that if the programmers never write with 64-bits in mind, the CPU just won't use the extra 'lanes'. amirite?

that would be 5.2... they never made a 3.2 for oublicrelease - it stopped at jumped from 3.11 to 3.5 :p

theme - windows olive green :D
wallpaper - made myself from screenshots.

Attachments

• yeshsa.JPG
    yeshsa.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 109
Nice and Clean... :)

Have no use for wallapaper or icons these days

Attachments

• Desktioppppppppppppppppp.gif
    Desktioppppppppppppppppp.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 109
Looks like he only took a picture of his taskbar, cheater!!

O.K. fine, Desk Top on work computer. Yes, at work. :D

19" wide screen.

Attachments

• DT_Work1.jpg
    DT_Work1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 119
WOW, I think that's my favourite desktop this month!

lol, nice work

Mine for now...

This is the result of one being stupid enough to sell a project car.....

Someone else finishes it..

^Click-it!!

Haven't changed mine in a while so I threw something togethers, tell me what you think. What would make it better?

You make Classic look good. Damn you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back