jumpy sound

im not entirely sure whats going with my onboard audio. for a while, it was making grinding noises over the top of whatever the output was (ie. songs etc) and after fixing my cpu (http://www.ntfs.org/forum/showthread.php?t=194) it seems to have stopped, but now the sound is jumpy, like a cd player skipping over and over and over.

any idea whats causing this? its onboard 5.1 surround, i have a spare audio card that im going to try, but i want to use the onboard audio. i reinstalled the motherboard AND audio drivers but that doesnt seem to have helped.

forcer

OSNN Senior Addict
how good is the sound card? my mates got an onboard card and its totally **** stuttering all the time but its actually the hardware.. if not try some different drivers.

i g2g out if u cant fix it al look into it more later

forcer

seems to have stopped. i installed my other sound card, and now it doesnt jump, even though im not using my other sound card.

odd, but hurrah.

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
try going to the device manager and "removing" the sound card, then reboot, it should pick the drivers back up again, it might work better after that, its fixed a mates gfx and network card in the past

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut