Johnny Cochran Dies at age 67 ...

What goes around comes around :|

zeke_mo said:
What goes around comes around :|

Really? So, if I'm totally honest all the time and don't help get murderers, rapists, etc. out of trouble, I can live forever?

irregardless of how you feel about the man, he represented alot more minorities, than wealthy people. If all you know of him is OJ, than you really don't know much.

falconguard said:
irregardless of how you feel about the man, he represented alot more minorities, than wealthy people. If all you know of him is OJ, than you really don't know much.

PLEASE... spare me, the world is now a better place without him...

If he had helped the down-trodden without need for compensation that would be one thing... give me a break...

I think alot of people forget how justice works here in America. It's innocent until proven guilty. Also why shouldn't someone being accused of some crime not have the best representation and why should Mr. Cochran not represent them? He was doing his job, he was upholding our judicial system to the best of his ability. Someone has to be on the "bad-guys" side or we would basically just skip the whole trial and throw them right into jail. </rant>

Oh and was shocking news.

My biggest problem with this man was the fact that he thought everything was a case of race ... I feel he spent to much time following Malcom X then following reality.

Don't forget, it was the jury, not Cochran that found him innocent.

A jury made up of mostly minorities. He knew actually what he was doing, he did it good. It made a total joke out of the judicial system ..

Actually, the justice system in America IS a joke. What happened in that court room and many others across the states would never happen in a court room in any other country.

mlakrid said:
PLEASE... spare me, the world is now a better place without him...

If he had helped the down-trodden without need for compensation that would be one thing... give me a break...
Elmer "Geronimo" Pratt Spent 27 years in a prison for a crime he did not commit, johnny helped him out.
Ron Settles was found hung, in his cell, the police said he committed suicide, the coroner found different, funny how an investigation was launched only after Johnny Cochran took the family case.
yes he did help, underprivileged people...Like I said before, if all you know of him was OJ, than you dont know...

RickyC said:
Actually, the justice system in America IS a joke. What happened in that court room and many others across the states would never happen in a court room in any other country.
the alternative would be systems that think it's more important have a convition then it is to save an innocent man

I've never seen anyhting that worked with perfection., cars computers, governemnt, elections...nothing

what makes anyone think the legal system should work with perfection?

as an innocent man, I'd rether go through our process then any other...this system is designed to try and make sure innocent men are not convicted

at the expense of some guilty being set free?

of course...it's one of the the prices we pay

What Johnny said.

Good ridence to bad rubbish, or trash in this case.

only kidding i have no preference with this guy dead :dead: or alive he's going to hell.

lancer said:
only kidding i have no preference with this guy dead :dead: or alive he's going to hell.

I think that point is moot, He was a lawyer.

vivid_vibe said:
Really? So, if I'm totally honest all the time and don't help get murderers, rapists, etc. out of trouble, I can live forever?

Yes.

perris said:
the alternative would be systems that think it's more important have a convition then it is to save an innocent man

I've never seen anyhting that worked with perfection...true of our legal process, but as an innocent man, I'd rether go through our process then any other

at the expense of some guily being set free?

of course...it's one of the the prices we pay

I'm not talking about the conviction nor the fact that a person is innocent before being proven guilty. This is a matter of fact in most counties and so it should be. There is nothing much wrong with the system in the US as such.

I'm referring to the 'show' which lawyers in the US seem to put on and the fact that lawyers tend to become the centre of attention, a judge in say the UK would not tolerate this. Also money seems to play a bigger factor in the US than anywhere else. True the justice system in most countries is not perfect, but when people become 'celebrities' and make money for being part of a high profile case, wheither they be in the jury, a lawyer or defendant, then it is this more than anything that makes a joke of the US justice system.
</rant>

Either way you look at it. Cochran helped more guilty people get off than any other lawyer in history. If you also notice he only helped minorities. On a rare occasion he would help a white defendant.

I agree that money does have a lot to do with it. I don't care who you are, OJ is guilty. He knows it, the judge knows it, the lawyers know it, and the public knows it. But OJ is just a sample of the people that Cochran got off and the chance to run free.

The guy was a shmuck, plain and simple. Good Riddens to him and his garbage. I hope he burns for all eternity .. I now rest my case on this. I was not going to say my thoughts about him, but recent posts made do otherwise ...

AMEN JOHNNY!

LOL

THe guy was a joke. He took cases only after they had national publicity or they paid his enourmous $$$ requests...

For such a long career, his biggest proponent in this forum *AHEM* *cough* *cough*

Bueler, Bueler, FALCONGUARD??

LOL, what a Shmuck

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back