JL Renegade - Personal Design - Personal Blog

JL Renegade

OSNN Addict
Well, I just got around to almost finishing my site. I have had it in the makings for over 4 months now and have fallen in love with how easily it has come together. The drop down menus are nice, and took the most time. I found freeware code and trippled it's size to get it to work with inline frames, and I will post the code for download when I finish everything else.

The Design :: I have always liked blue, that and how blue works with grey. My first site (Portfolio > Clouds) was all origional, plus it was blue and silver. I was going for something new while doinf some photoshop buttons when I nailed my next idea on the head. So I now have the black and blue (green or red or white or purple or yellow, whatever) design.

The Code :: I have not yet cleaned up the site's code to make is RSS approved, and there are areas where I have no intention to clean. I quote my own source...

Code:
<!-- Start ****ing ugly header script -->
<table id="m1mainSXMenu2" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="x1" border="0" height="30" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" background="images/headerback.gif" width="432">
<tr align="left">
<td width="138" height="30" background="images/name.gif"></td>
<td onmouseover="chgBg(m1,'m1tlm1',3);exM(m1,'m1mn1','m1tlm1',event)"
onmouseout="chgBg(m1,'m1tlm1',0);coM(m1,'m1mn1')" id="m1tlm1" class="m1mit" width="80" height="30" background="images/buttons/blog.gif">
<td onmouseover="chgBg(m1,'m1tlm2',3);exM(m1,'m1mn2','m1tlm2',event)"
onmouseout="chgBg(m1,'m1tlm2',0);coM(m1,'m1mn2')" id="m1tlm2" class="m1mit" width="80" height="30" background="images/buttons/portfolio.gif">
<td onmouseover="chgBg(m1,'m1tlm3',3);exM(m1,'m1mn3','m1tlm3',event)"
onmouseout="chgBg(m1,'m1tlm3',0);coM(m1,'m1mn3')" id="m1tlm3" class="m1mit" width="80" height="30" background="images/buttons/music.gif">
<td onmouseover="chgBg(m1,'m1tlm4',3);exM(m1,'m1mn4','m1tlm4',event)"
onmouseout="chgBg(m1,'m1tlm4',0);coM(m1,'m1mn4')" id="m1tlm4" class="m1mit" width="80" height="30" background="images/buttons/contact.gif">
</td></tr></table>
<!-- End ****ing ugly header script -->

Your Input :: To make this site as good as it can get, I would like to hear what you have to say. It is not done in CSS nor will I convert it, so that is the only thing I ask you leave out of this. :nervous:

So please, comments... questions...

Note :: The header is a php image, so one of 5 images will randomly be loaded. The Image is form DeviantArt, with the author's permission. Everything else, all done by me, with the menu code core found on dynamicdrive.com

Thank you.

Edit :: It seems of all things to forget, I missed the link... http://jlrenegade.com

Last edited:
It has come to my attention that the inline frame does not show up correctly in firefox. go IE for doing what it is best at! Correctly displaying what was improperly done! Heh. Ima fix the code right now.

Love the favicon. =)

That seems to be the only image on the site though (loaded and refreshed 5 times in FF and no image generated for that blue header area).

I like the colors(nothing flashy) but I'd consider some sort of seamless background image to make it jump out a bit more and make the site stand out from the background. Right now it looks a bit flat to me.

It's looking good so far.

I have to agree mfarley though, the background is a tad too plain and makes the site seem a bit bland.

The menu is snazzy. The header isn't loading any of the random images.

But overall, good stuff :) 4 months is quite a bit of effort :D

Just realized I left the link out of the first post. Man, I worked so hard to get everything right, and the most important thing was left out :(

No worries mate, we were bright enough to figure it out. ;)

Let us know if you make any changes.

JL Renegade said:
Your Input :: To make this site as good as it can get, I would like to hear what you have to say. It is not done in CSS nor will I convert it, so that is the only thing I ask you leave out of this. :nervous:

So please, comments... questions...

Open your mind to using XHTML and CSS, you have said you wont, so I wont bother looking.

also if you are going to have horrible javascript make sure it works in as many browsers as you can, as every javascript implementation is different, sometimes it varies from computer to computer when the browser remains the same.

Geffy said:
Open your mind to using XHTML and CSS, you have said you wont, so I wont bother looking.

also if you are going to have horrible javascript make sure it works in as many browsers as you can, as every javascript implementation is different, sometimes it varies from computer to computer when the browser remains the same.

seconded.

The above two are snobs :p Although I agree, XHTML and CSS aren't that hard to learn.

Just learned a few things about CSS while reading through tutorials. Apparently, my site is a basic CSS site, as it uses only styles on a table. The table is the only thing that makes it a more HTML based site. hah, but table > div.

Geffy said:

Thirded. He made me too, and my site now rawk'eth. o_O

JL Renegade said:
Just learned a few things about CSS while reading through tutorials. Apparently, my site is a basic CSS site, as it uses only styles on a table. The table is the only thing that makes it a more HTML based site. hah, but table > div.

*cough*

It is css... just none of those ****ty div tags :)

The only thing there is to complain about, with given that the RSS cvalidator sucks, is the table. The validator picked up a few things that I have yet to change, and I think the iframe (That I could see making a div somehow) needs a pixel value for the heigth.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back