Jim Carey is the Walrus?

Great, now i know how easy it is :))
Thanks again!

I am the walrus by ther beatles is as far as I am concerned the greatest rock song ever written...if you get a chance, listen with head phones on, so far ahead of it's time you will find it hard to believe if you compare it to the songs from the era just before that was released

jim carey doing it is blasphemy

sorry

No need for sorry.
I think its pretty silly as well.

I wanted to know what you thought.

BTW - I listen to it with noise canceling headphones, it is amazing!

jim carey doing it is blasphemy

Blasphemy isn't really a right term sense the song was recorded for a "tribute album" in honor of George Martin (It called "In My Life" if I remember correctly), you can even see Martin working on the sound in the video.

Even if Martin (which made anything but the vocals sound pretty much the same, and on the CD version even the vocals are worked to sound allot like Lennon) had nothing to do with it, its not the worst song-kill I've ever heard by far.

As for the song itself - Its defiantly a good song and it being the "best" is a matter personal preferences.

But as for it being "Ahead of its time" to put it in perspective in 1967 Dylan already released a first "Greatest Hits" album (after 7 official albums,) Hendrix released two albums, The Kinks, The Velvet Underground (Now that was "Ahead of its time",) Cream and the list goes on and on.
Even Pink Floyd have released their debut album in 67.

Not to mention the Doors with "Strange Days" - Who two years later released "The Soft Parade" which is by far a better acid trip if you ask me.

"When all else fails, we can whip the horses' eyes
and make them sleep and cry"

Last edited:
hello

dam weird that they would let him waste his talent by making a mockery of the song.I think he really could have sang it with less goofing and really could have made it something fresh for everyone. nice to see Martin doing things in the light before it is too late.

Cheers everyone!

Funny that I had Beatles already que'd and about 4 songs away from the walrus.Listening to the Beatles with the full stereo separation is mind boggling and innovative in the 60s.

hello

dam weird that they would let him waste his talent by making a mockery of the song.I think he really could have sang it with less goofing and really could have made it something fresh for everyone. nice to see Martin doing things in the light before it is too late.

Cheers everyone!

Funny that I had Beatles already que'd and about 4 songs away from the walrus.Listening to the Beatles with the full stereo separation is mind boggling and innovative in the 60s.
Do you realize u are talking about Jim Carey?
He is always goofy :)

Do you realize u are talking about Jim Carey?
He is always goofy :)

tasteful goofy is understandable but it sounded like it was really off the cuff and no where close to any kinda quality Mr Martin would approve of any recording artists. The music is top notch however jim's performance sounded more like a childish take rather than a funny work of art.

cool to hear it and I am glad you posted the link

:D

Thats the problem with Jim Carey, personally i dont think he is funny anymore, he's kinda like Albert Brooks, depressing...
Look at the movies,
Fun with Dick and Jane - Gets Fired
Bruce Almighty - Fired
The Truman Show - Stuck in a fake world (basically held captive)
Liar Liar - Divorced, alone, bad father, etc...

So i dont know what to expect...

Seen the trailer for his new movie?
Psychological Thriller! Looks interesting.

Unrelated but I already see they have "Hannibal Rising" made, only just bought the damn book.

Vocally, I like it except for the bits where he adds too much his own flair. He's actually a decent singer in real life.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back