• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

JFK Reloaded

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political User
#3
this is one of the worst ideas I've heard of just for the fact that it will make a lot of people mad...if maybe they didn't make it so it actually recreates the scene it wouldn't be that big o' deal
 

ming

OSNN Advanced
#5
I doubt this was a good idea, especially when we've heard about those two guys in the US going out on a shooting spree with their sniper gun.

EDIT: maybe some other freaks will use this as target practice.
 

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
#8
Mmmmm, over-reaction, lovely isn't it?

All the violence in video games and movies, all the killing, maiming and games that are created with the sole intend of killing others, all those acts of violence that can relate to real life... no one bats an eyelid. Yet create a game around a 'famous' assasination, and suddenly it's "sick", get over it.
 

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User
#9
That's very good point Speedy.
When I first heard about it I thought it was a bit off,not for who it involves but the fact that's it's based on a real murder where a real person was killed and that person has a family who were affected by it
 

damnyank

I WILL NOT FORGET 911
#10
Uhmm -Listen to the folks from the motherland talk about this! Those who were not sitting in school when the news broke that JFK was shot - you know shot in the United States - not the motherland.:mad:


Just sort of rubs me the wrong way when someone who probably wasn't even alive when it happened comments on "what my feelings should be"??:confused:

Nuf said! I am starting to sound like perris! :eek:
 

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
#12
Geffy said:
so in theory a game like Hitman or Hitman2 are also sick? Also games like Battlefield Vietnam, Aces over Europe, Combat Flight Simulator are also all sick?
So people can only have opinions about things that happened in their own country and in their own lifetime?

Why do you quote "what my feelings should be"?, no one said that. They where merely saying what there feelings on the subject are. Try getting of your patriotic high horse
 

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
#14
You have a problem with the British don't you?

I would have said the same if the people commenting where from any country.
I noticed it in the recent round of election/politcal threads, several times when people said negative things about America, you personaly attacked their views simply cause they were not American.


Oh and **** Tony! guys an *******
 

Perris Calderon

Moderator
Staff member
Political User
#15
if there were a game that gave points for bringing down the world trade center, I would think it would be sick

and the terrorism in Spain, and Israel

and an assination of any head of state, not just an American head of state

these to me would be sick games.

games that glorify rape, murder and the like in my mind are sick

however, I have no problem with manufacturers producing the games if there's a market...I don't think the game should be banned, but I think parents need to be parents.

that's it's based on a real murder where a real person was killed and that person has a family who were affected by it
this is where the line is crossed many times
 

damnyank

I WILL NOT FORGET 911
#16
Khayman said:
You have a problem with the British don't you?

I would have said the same if the people commenting where from any country.
I noticed it in the recent round of election/politcal threads, several times when people said negative things about America, you personaly attacked their views simply cause they were not American.


Oh and **** Tony! guys an *******
Silly - why would I have a problem with the Brits? I have relatives in England and am married to a "former Brit" (she has opted for American citizenship) - but I do have problems with people who are really touchy when others do not agree with them and say so!!
 

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User
#17
perris said:
if there were a game that gave points for bringing down the world trade center, I would think it would be sick

and the terrorism in Spain, and Israel

and an assination of any head of state, not just an American head of state

these to me would be sick games.

games that glorify rape, murder and the like in my mind are sick

however, I have no problem with manufacturers producing the games if there's a market...I don't think the game should be banned, but I think parents need to be parents.



this is where the line is crossed many times
I agree with that Perris,as I said before when it involves a real person no matter who they are and a real event I think that's going too far.
 

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
#18
Geffy said:
so in theory a game like Hitman or Hitman2 are also sick? Also games like Battlefield Vietnam, Aces over Europe, Combat Flight Simulator are also all sick?
Good post, I couldn't think of any examples.

Just for reference, I hate no country, I just despise intolerance.
 

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User
#19
SPeedY_B said:
Good post, I couldn't think of any examples.

Just for reference, I hate no country, I just despise intolerance.
But all those games Geffy mentioned are based on fiction,they don't involve an exact crime which took a life.
I have nothing against violent games,I'm the one buy's them for my son who's underage :)
 

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
#20
There are plenty of war games which are (even if only loosely) based upon wars in which many have died, just because it's not specific doesn't mean it doesn't relate to a real-world passing of a, or a group of individuals.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
61,961
Messages
673,239
Members
89,013
Latest member
Pdawgintown