jetway 866as ultra / athlon 2200+

F

fitfella29

will i beable to put this processor in my motherboard,anybody know?

thanks

Jetway 866as Ultra & 2200+

Perhaps if Jetway comes out with a BIOS Flash that addresses it. I know the 867as does not. The 866 is a RAID board if I'm not mistaken & I tried to set up a 2200+ on one the other day. No go. The 266(VIA Chipset) boards & the 830 (SIS Chipset ) boards from Jetway definitely do. Jetway is very good about their BIOS flash updates. However there seems to be some difference in the .13 Micron process to manufacture the 2200+ processors. It took me 3 of the Abit AT7 Max boards to get one that would boot to the 2200+. I did an RMA to Abit and even the one they sent me (That they swear was tested with a 2200+) didn't boot up with it. I would check Jetway's site www.jetway.com.tw to see if there is a flash upgrade. By the way I Love the Jetway boards. They are the closest thing to bulletproof I have seen in a motherboard. Used them to build my wifes, daughters, & sisters systems. They are all working flawlessly.

Best of luck to you!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back