Jerky Video

Guybo42

OSNN Addict
Hi All.

I have been trying out Vista for approx. a month now and I have tried a few games but they all seem to have the same symptom. The video is jerky !!! It does the same for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007, Supreme Commander, Tomb Raider Legend and Brothers in Arms. These are the only games I have tried so far and I am getting ready to uninstall all of them..... I am running Vista in dual boot with XP Pro and all these games work perfect in XP, I know that you are probably thinking " Just play in XP then " which I do most of the time but I am just curious if anyone else has come across this problem. I am using the latest drivers for the mb and vid card.

The 1950 PRO is at the bottom end of the mid-range performance video cards. Depending on the resolution you run at (1280, 1024, etc), anti aliasing and anisotropic filtering settings and the level of details you have set it may be laggy with VISTA since there is a marked performance reduction going from XP to Vista. Also remember the 1950 PRO is a crippled chipset with the number of pipelines reduced from 16 to 12 which really makes performance fall off at higher resolutions and with AA and AF.

Vista drivers are also an issue, more so for the Nvidia boards. The latest VISTA driver may not be the best for your particular board. Try some older ones and keep trying new ones. It took ATI 9 months to come out with a decent performance driver after they started shipping my video card.

Your RAM is good but your CPU speed might be feeling the "Vista pinch" as well as your video card. XP 3800 is great for running XP, but VISTA demands more.

Thanks for the reply LeeJend ! Since I just got the vid card for XMas last year, I'm gonna keep it for a year or so before I upgrade but I have been considering the AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ as a cpu upgrade in the near future.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back