Jerky graphics

F

Flashraptor

im a bit of a pc newb but i think i might have a little problem my pc is pretty high spec amd athlon 3000+ 512 ddr ram ge force 4 ti 4800 but when im playing games online its not as smooth as my boys pc athlon xp 2000+ 512 ddr ram ge force 4 mx4200 its sort of jerky like when u strafe and when u turn kinda fast i also got a blue screen a couple of times saying i got memory dump what ever that is any help plz thx :huh:

Possible driver problem? Update to the latest drivers, I'm guessing.

what drivers would that be i got the graphics card 1 still the same :(

uninstall the generic drivers and get the real drivers from nvidia. www.nvidia.com, the links at the top of there page.

and do you mean TI4200 ?

can you increase the agp aperture rate in the BIOS? The jerky graphics could be related to that - UT used to run awful on my old PC until I increased the AGP Aperture rate to 256.

Originally posted by jonifen
can you increase the agp aperture rate in the BIOS? The jerky graphics could be related to that - UT used to run awful on my old PC until I increased the AGP Aperture rate to 256.

Me Too it had me pulling my hair out...long...long ago.

Originally posted by prodj88
how do you change the AGP aperature rate

It all depends on your mobo and your BIOS. For my board (Epox 8RDA+), it's under Advanced Chipset Features and then AGP Aperture Size.

If you're playing online, check the servers ping rate. If it's really high, that could cause lag.

Turn your Sound cards hardware acceleration down, Im absolutely 100% sure that it will Solve that problem yo have.

turn it down to Basic mode or try standard.

I had the same issues when i installed SP1 for XP.

That happened to me when I was playing Freelancer. I just got a new driver, and it worked fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back