Jay Leno Retires...

Tittles

Dabba Dooba
Political Access
in 5 years :p. Yeah read more about it here

I am sad...summer before last i use to watch him everynight since i had summer break. Now i watch him once in awhile when i can remember. He is so awsome :D

conan has consistently been funnier than jay leno the last year or so... there is no doubt about that...

it is about time conan got a chance to strut his stuff in front of a bigger audience...

good job for him...

I know I'm not the only one who doesn't find Leno funny. Most of his jokes are forced, and he often hangs onto them too long and even starts to explain them sometimes. When he interviews his guests, the conversation is hardly ever smooth and he isn't very quick on his feet to make funny comments. He's not horrible, but I don't believe that he is naturally funny. Conan and David Letterman are both naturally funny -- they have the wit and goofy physical comedy, but Conan has much more of both than Letterman. Needless to say, I'm really not sad to see Leno go... I've just been disappointed with his show too many times.

I don't like letterman at all...

he is bland, unfunny and his top 10 list is generally a farce...

conan is the best followed by jay leno in my book...

I also like john stewart and hope that he makes it onto the late night scene with a longer show than he has currently...

way worlds going anymore 5 years wheo the hell knows what will be going on.

EDIT: i hope to god im out of college though.

I've never found Leno funny and Conan rocks :)

* Leno also sucks for other reason that Stern fans know of :p

Agreed. Conan O'Brien is funnier than Leno.

Conan rocks my socks! i tried to get tickets to his show but they were booked til february!

gotta agree with Sazar, John stewart is heads and tail better than any of em'.

although I have to admit that Conan is coming up fierce.

Conan is pretty funny but i am either not home or sleeping by the time he is on. When i do watch it he is pretty funny.

Conan O'Brien is way funnier than Leno. Plus Leno's jokes are dull, overdone and sometimes bordering on racial. Which has really turned me off to him. Letterman has gottin to the point where it looks like he just doesn't care. John Stewart is funny but at times he can be a bit dull. Leno should retire at the end of this year or next, he's pushin it. Alrhough his newspaper clippings/ads thing is way funny. The one thing that really keeps the show is the guests that appear on the show. In five years no one will be watchin him anymore.

Yeah I can't believe they are keeping Leno's un-talented arse for another 5 years. It's almost painful watching him. :( They should move Conan up at the end of this year at the latest.

thank god leno is quitting...it's 2004 and I can't take lewinsky jokes anymore...

Conan used to rock but his show has lost a little of it's luster except for the Walker lever!
hope he gets back to the earlier days

Letterman in my opinion is the best...the only one of the 4 mentioned previously that can actually command respect from everyone that steps on the stage and be funny at the same time.

Jon Stewart is good but i think he might have missed his window...his doings were better earlier and haven't really been as good (not even as good as the Jon Stewart show that was on MTV)

john stewart this year has been hitting bigger and bigger numbers for audiences... he set a new record with his debate coverage (which was quite witty I must say)

jay has had his moments... he has had a long slump but his recent 50th tour guests have been pretty good...

conan... I dunno... he has been consistently funny to me... some nights he is flatter than others but stull better than the others..

letterman is about 5 years overdue wrt shelf-life... he is not as funny anymore...

he has his moments now and then but its in the shadow of conan and jay leno in terms of overall entertainment...

and the sad thing is not a few years ago i used to think he rocked...

/me shrugs...

I dunno...i guess people's tastes change... I hated leno @ the beginning but he grew on me... conan was a nobody but he grew on me... stewart was a nobody but I love his show the best...

letterman I used to love... and I still respect him... I just dont like the show as much as I used to once...

Funny thing in all of this, I used to watch Letterman nightly (back in the early 1990s). I haven't really seen his show in a long time, so can't say what has or has not happened.

In addition to your tastes changing saz, it's also possible the show itself has changed (and perhaps definitely since I last saw it). Back then, some of these other comedians were the new kids on the block, and Letterman's main contender was Johny Carson (if I remember correctly), who has long since not been around...whereas Letterman's show had been around a bit longer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back