Java Virtual Machine???

jelliot

OSNN Junior Addict
Can anyone tell me how to get Java Virtual Machine as a Seperate Download? Microsoft doesn't offer it any longer and I'm tired of half the webpages I go to either not coming up or having part of the page say "the page cannot be diplayed" Example: Immatrix.com. I'm using XP Coprporate so SP1 is NOT installed. I'm pretty sure that has it but I would like it by itself if possible?

Any Ideas?

Also does anyone know where the tutorial for installing SP1 with Corporate Is? As Well as the necessary files?

Jelliot

First of all, your not going to get help with the XP Corp here, you should have read the forum guildlines, might read the part about warez again.

Forum Guildlines for dummies

now about the Java, why not just get the original Java from Sun????

you can get it here

cool.gif

Iceman,

Microsoft actually posted a special Service pak for corporate users. It was up for at least a few weeks before they pulled it. I AM NOT USING WAREZ! NOT A PIRATED VERSION! And yes I COULD change the EMBEDDED key if I so chose and yes I KNOW how and NO that wan't what I was asking!!! However you want to put it. I received this version when I worked for Maxtor. Originally it was intended to look for bugs or compatability issues with their software as well as compatability with the Ultra ATA Controller Cards. When I got it XP hadn't been released for more than a a few weeks to a month I was told by Maxtor to go ahead and keep it .

You should look up an old thread entitled "Changing XP Key". It was quite an interesting series. HEY LEEVOY:D

Hipster any support Here? :)

Anyways As far as the Virtual Machine issue is it compatable in XP? Forgive me, but I am out of my depth on this. I know that its necessary for internet pages and the like but I am in no way a programmer in java. Could you enlighten me a bit more please?do I just apply suns ver? to my windows? that doesn't seem right.... I used to have a window popping up all the time saying do I want to install blah blah. I I said yes it would take me to Microsoft .com and the page says not available.... You probably know all this huh? Would you kindly elaborate for me?

Jelliot

Sorry for the confusion, if you go to that website I gave above it will lead you the Java that sun developed, it works perfectly well with XP.

Java Virtual Machine is Microsoft's version of Java, but if you are having a problem installing it, get the Sun version, it works just as well if not better, IMHO

cool.gif

Doh! I feel stupid. I didn't even see that that you had posted a link! OOPS:eek: I guess you could say I'm a little Sensitive on that Other issue. So much so that I didn't notice! My apologies, Please! Thank You for clarifying and I didn't know that you could use their version with XP! Afterall isn't SunMicro specifically Unix? Either way I will follow that link in a moment. Is ther anything I need to know about installing or configuring it? Or, do I just install and quit worrying? ;)

jelliot

Install it and quit worrying........

I have been using it since the day I installed XP, no problems or worries.

cool.gif

OH MY MY

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Yup, feellin really dumb now! I didn't have to do ANYTHING!! Just clicked that link and blaamo, installed!

:D Thank You Iceman!:D

It will be remembered!

Sincerely, Jelliot

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back