• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Java Program attracts Virus like flies!

Halder

OSNN One Post Wonder
In the past I have installed Java 2, RESE 1.4.2_04 and experienced several problems with Trojans entering my system. NIS didn’t catch them entering but NAV 2003 caught them after running a scan.

I deleted java in order to prevent the trojans from infecting my system.

Once I deleted java I had no problems, no more infections. Ran several Windows updates. Everything was fine. Regular NAV scans revealed no further infections.

I decided to install Java (same pgm) again several days ago. I ran a NAV scan 5 days after installation and found 5 trojans (byte verify being one).

What is it with this Java program? It seems to be a virus magnet. Is there anyway to keep the program and keep the virus’s out?

Thanks

Halder

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
No issues with Java here - where are you getting this Java from? Downloading fresh the second time, or re-installing? Maybe you should check with them - more usually ActiveX is a suspect, that's not involved is it?

Halder

OSNN One Post Wonder
Thanks J79ZLR, your link to the Java page explains my problem exactly, even the virus that are listed on the link are all the same ones that I have seen in my system.

Thanks again,
Halder

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown