JAVA Plugin??

C

CrAsHeRKiDD

I cant view many websites without the java plug in but when i click download the plugin it takes me to a microsoft website saying the page cannot be found and i have to run windows update.. I run the update and it doesnt find anything to do with java..

what do i do please?

Im running windows XP Prof?

Same Problem

Hi m8, i get the same thing. Can any1 help us plz?
Fisha

Sorry I tried

But Enyo is right grab hold of that and keep it safe....:)

Thanx for the quick response guys :)

Keep up the good work :) :) :)

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
list of mirrors

seem to be varying sizes though :huh:
whats the official .exe size?

I have the file since a long time back from microsoft and it is

5.07 MB (5,318,488 bytes)

and I am almost there 1000th here I come :D

After installing the one i downloaded some sites are still asking for the "Microsoft Virtual Machine"

??? Hmm

Originally posted by CrAsHeRKiDD
After installing the one i downloaded some sites are still asking for the "Microsoft Virtual Machine"

??? Hmm

I think that has something to do with your security settings. Not sure though, check it out.

Well I got mine from the Sun site, but I have noticed that it is really unstable and causes my browser to crash. Can we say MS screwed the pooch on this one!

Well I got mine from the Sun site, but I have noticed that it is really unstable and causes my browser to crash.
Been using Sun for quite awhile, no probs here.

Originally posted by Gus K
Been using Sun for quite awhile, no probs here.

It mainly seem to happen with MSN java based games, it will work for a while then just crap out. Not really sure why. I have tried reinstalling it but no avail.

I use Suns plugin too, works fine, but I don't use IE I use it with Mozilla and Opera.

I have, in the past, used it with IE without any problems.

There was a version from sun that ran good for me and one that was no good if the latest does not work good for you try to get a hold of an older version from sun I am sure there is a way to do it I did it about a year ago and was using an older version ...now if I could remember what it was ...:(

Tell ya what I am gonna go through my older cd's I am sure I backed up the version I was using at the time I will get back to this if I find it

:)

j2re-1_3_1_01-win.exe

That was the version that ran good for me the one right after that I did not like ...and those after that one I don't know cuz I changed rig's and setups and I use M$ java now ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back