• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

JAVA Plugin??

C

CrAsHeRKiDD

I cant view many websites without the java plug in but when i click download the plugin it takes me to a microsoft website saying the page cannot be found and i have to run windows update.. I run the update and it doesnt find anything to do with java..

what do i do please?

Im running windows XP Prof?

C

CrAsHeRKiDD

After installing the one i downloaded some sites are still asking for the "Microsoft Virtual Machine"

??? Hmm

M

meisme

Originally posted by CrAsHeRKiDD
After installing the one i downloaded some sites are still asking for the "Microsoft Virtual Machine"

??? Hmm
I think that has something to do with your security settings. Not sure though, check it out.

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
Well I got mine from the Sun site, but I have noticed that it is really unstable and causes my browser to crash. Can we say MS screwed the pooch on this one!

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
Originally posted by Gus K
Been using Sun for quite awhile, no probs here.
It mainly seem to happen with MSN java based games, it will work for a while then just crap out. Not really sure why. I have tried reinstalling it but no avail.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
I use Suns plugin too, works fine, but I don't use IE I use it with Mozilla and Opera.

I have, in the past, used it with IE without any problems.

Shamus MacNoob

Political User
There was a version from sun that ran good for me and one that was no good if the latest does not work good for you try to get a hold of an older version from sun I am sure there is a way to do it I did it about a year ago and was using an older version ...now if I could remember what it was ...:(

Tell ya what I am gonna go through my older cd's I am sure I backed up the version I was using at the time I will get back to this if I find it

:)

Shamus MacNoob

Political User
j2re-1_3_1_01-win.exe

That was the version that ran good for me the one right after that I did not like ...and those after that one I don't know cuz I changed rig's and setups and I use M$ java now ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown